“Stuffed Portabella”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Absolutely the best thing I have ever ordered in a restaurant...This appetizer is a whole portabella mushroom with a bit of the top sliced off...the bottom is a mushroom with a slice of breaded eggplant, roasted - onions and red peppers, the sliced off top is then replaced and a slice of cheese (Swiss, I think)...cooked perfectly and topped with a melody of red peppers and onions and balsamic vinegar...My wife and I split it and could hardly eat the lasagna special, which was awesome also...Besides the fishing, I will miss not trying more items on the menu most

1  Thank Bill T

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The pasta dishes, eggplant parm, chicken parm, pizza is very good. It is also a good value. The home delivery is great on a night when you just do not want to go out.

1  Thank Randy829
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This was the fourth time we visited Restaurant. The first time my husband and I went alone just to check out. We heard that the owner of Amatos came from New Haven Connecticut. Since we lived in Connecticut we knew that New Haven had great Italian food. We were not disappointed and so happy we did. We were so impressed with the food and service that we had to take some of our friends. The family atmosphere is perfect to share with your friends. No matter what we ordered we enjoyed. Eggplant parmesan, Chicken parmesan, Veal Sorrentino, Lasagna or pizza. We tried them all. Soup or salad comes with dinner and the pasta on the side is enough for two. Always ask what their special is, you won't be disappointed. Garlic knots are a must with dinner. Donald the waiter is always attentive to your needs. Give yourself a treat and make Amato's your next stop.

1  Thank linlin140
Reviewed February 17, 2014

By far, the best we have found. This is a family owned restaurant and everything is fresh and homemade. The eggplant rollatini, amazing, garlic knots, pizza, zuppa de Pesce, over toast points, no words can describe how delicious. The owner and his wife are the most friendly people we have ever met!!!!!!!!

1  Thank steelchick
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The two of us ordered an eggplant parmesan stromboli to share. It was huge and delicious - great sauce. My husband had the pizza on a previous visit and said that was great too. It doesn't look like much from the outside but the inside is nicely decorated.