“New and Promising” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hunter's Grill

The Hunter's Grill
Ranked #9 of 29 Restaurants in Hobe Sound
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Celebrate a birthday or anniversary. Entertain business associates. Meet friends for cocktails, or simply enjoy an outstanding meal served with genuine hospitality in a casual elegant environment. Our menu boasts USDA hand cut steaks, fresh fish, plus much much more — and you will always find something new at The Hunters Grill. Our specials change regularly to match market availability, ensuring you the finest and freshest in dining selections.
Stuart, FL
“New and Promising”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Hunter's Grill has plenty of potential. To be fair to this place, my wife and I ate there while it was still fairly new...still on its shakedown. We liked it, but, as yet, haven't been back. Why? Well, I guess we just felt like it wasn't quite ready for primetime...not yet. We thought we'd give it a while longer to get its act together. But we could see its potential to be a regular option for our frequent dining out. The night we went the atmosphere seemed flat and the waiter was tentative...even with our encouragement. My wife and I both had light fare...a burger for me and a fish sandwich for her. My burger, "The Hunter Burger", was among the very best I've ever had...correctly cooked, topped with mushrooms, frizzled onions and cheese - wow. But my wife's fish sandwich was so-so. Okay, give them some time and I suspect they'll get both right! The decor is nice but the ambiance is off - while we ate light inexpensive fare the menu is aimed at finer dining options. Accordingly, the place will do best if it adjusts its lighting (way too bright...even for older Floridians) and candlelight would be nice at dinner (they do serve lunch). Prices seemed in line and reservations are accepted (Yea!). The owner reportedly has big plans for this place...and we wish him every success!

• Visited January 2013

Hobe Sound, Florida
“Nice Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I decided to try out new local restaurant on Christmas Eve. The restaurant had just opened and I was a bit apprehensive going so soon. The owner watched over the wait staff to make sure everything was done correctly. We had a great house salad to start and shared it. It was plentiful with mixed greens, goat cheese and pecans. I got a filet mignon and my husband ordered the pork chop. Both were perfectly cooked and delicious. We had potatoes and asparagus on the side. We ended our dinner with just coffee, passing up the desserts offered. I like this restaurant and the ambience is very cozy and comfortable. They just opened an addditonal room for banquets. I feel they need to offer a sunset menu to get the draw from locals. The prices were a bit spendy on average. All in all a good meal and great atmosphere.

• Visited December 2012
Hobe Sound, Florida
“A new hidden find in Hobe Sound!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Just opened in December 2012 and we had been hearing things locally about it. Tried this evening for a birthday dinner for two! What a wonderful surprise. Nice wine list. Cool evening so we tried the soup...vegetable dumpling. Yum! I had the sea scallops, lemon berre blanc (on the side) and my husband had the 6 oz. filet. Both delicious and well prepared with nice vegetable of the day and amazing little cubed roasted potatos. It was my husband's birthday and they put a little candles in his chocolate cake! The chef, Ian, came out to talk to us and we learned all about him, his training and background, etc. He is absolutely delightful! They do take reservations...nice this time of year in FL...especially for us locals who sometimes can't get into our favorite places. Lovely ambiance and decor and brand new. The problem is..it's hidden away in a pretty small retail center with no front to highway signage or exposure. Call them and find it. It is so worth it! One comment about the service, which was good...staff was a little too quick to clear when main course came...they just simply took our rolls and butter away with even asking if we wanted to keep and asked if we wanted our dinner plates removed when we were still chewing the last bite and had a few veggies and potatoes left on our plates. Either they are anticipating and watching too closely or wanted to clear, clean and go home. We were the last of a few diners left. Otherwise, go for the food. We needed an ambiant atmosphere restaurant in town with nice selections...and, they do have quite a selection. Also, open for lunch!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank lesliewusa
“New Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We visited the Hunter's Grill shortly after it opened. Decor was nice. Our waitress had more tables than she could handle. While she was running around other wait staff were hanging around. Food was ok but nothing remarkable. We sat with dirty plates for 25 minutes before she came over to clear the table. Manager and I believe the owner walked by our table and did nothing. We were told that they would be expanding and getting additional seating both inside and out and also a full liquor license. We will probably go back another time for lunch to see if they have worked out the kinks.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
“The brought me the wrong order!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Not an enjoyable dinner. The bartender got my order wrong. When I did get my meal is was nothing spectacular. And way over priced. I don't mind paying, but you guys need to get your act together. I predict that the Hunters Grille will not be in business in two years.

• 2 of 5 bubbles