“unbeliveable food and great service”
Review of The Catfish House

The Catfish House
Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Hobe Sound
Cuisines: Seafood
Hobe Sound, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“unbeliveable food and great service”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Some of best seafood and fresh water fish you will ever find at very reasonable prices it also has reasoniy stocked bar,

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Terry C

Stuart, Florida
“The best fish in Hobe Sound”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We have gone numerous times. The staff is efficient and helpful with selections. The BEST fried shrimp and Mahi-Mahi. It's not a new restaurant but the current owners have been there over 10 years and I understand it's been called the Catfish House for over 30 years. My son in law said the catfish filets are wonderful and sweet and he loves the hush puppies. The portions are large and sides are good too. The key lime pie we had was very good! Nice finish to a great dinner.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Janehobesound
Blowing Rock
“Great Scallops”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner Friday with my wife and friends the Stovers. Not fancy but great great food. I dad Blackened Scallops with rice and vegetables. Waitress said vegetables was frozen so I ordered Clow slae...it was home made and great. Great salad too with dinner. Wife had crab cakes and loved them!

The Key Lime pie was recommended by our friends so we tried it. Homemade by battender. It was exceptional!!! We will return.

1 Thank Carl R
Ocala, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food! A must try!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great food, great service and we have been going for many years ! We never pass by an opportunity to enjoy the fantastic food and friendly environment.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank KathySarandes
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Awesome Food, Fun Local Spot”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This place was a blast! I was in this small town by chance, we were driving to coco beach for the weekend and we decided to stop off here to eat. This place has some of the best barbecue chicken I have ever had--and I am southern so that is saying something! They also brought hush puppies out to tide us over until our food came, which were also delicious. I got a sweet potato as my side and if you take one thing away from this, and you decide to stop there get the sweet potato (if you like them)-- this was the best sweet potato I have ever had. Both my friends got the friend catfish (off the bone) and it was really good, fresh fish.

The bathroom is outside, but it was clean. I really liked the place-- it seemed like a well kept local secret and we will definitely be repeat visitors when ever we are in the area!

• Visited February 2014