“Just OK”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Serving Lunch & Dinner
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The service was good but the food was just average. There are so many really good places around so I don't think we will go back. The place was full so I guess it has some local appeal. Different strokes for different folks.

There are newer reviews for Taste Casual Dining

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We sat outside under a tented area alongside one of 2-3 heaters which took the chill off the evening. It was great to be outside and the ladies loved the warmers. The waitress could not have been nicer. The food was very good and the beer and wine a real bargain.

When traveling with a large group, it is nice to occasionally have a night out that is no more expensive than dining at home and tastes just as good or better. It will get repeat visits from us.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Taste in Hobe Sound, Florida is a restaurant we frequent often. With our children or on our own, Taste has a comfortable southern ambiance. Prices are reasonable and service is great. Taste is a place to relax, have a glass of wine and a great meal that feels homemade. Every meal from the porkchops or snapper to the meatloaf have been spectacular. Always with a lovely salad and hot bread, its all you need. I am thoroughly surprised when local friends have never been. Taste is sort of hidden away but it feels like a well kept secret. Taste is the real thing for a night we want to get out and not cook but still feel cozy, well fed and not break the bank debating if it was worth it.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We looked forward to trying taste after reading reviews on tripadvisor. My father -in-law and I both had the special "bourbon glazed salmon". Salmon arrived a bit dry, luke warm with what seemed to be a dumping of BBQ sauce on top. Took 2 bites and decided to eat the green beans (tasty) and sweet potato fries (also Luke warm). The side salad that goes with the meal was good and we all enjoyed the house made balsamic dressing. Husband had the fish and chips, he thought fish was ok, fries also Luke warm. Mother in law had snapper she thought was excellent. Chocolate Cheesecake dessert was best part.
Service Poor. Don't like when servers have to return to table for reminder on what an order was. I sat near the ledge with knick knacks and thought they hadn't dusted there in a while. Sorry taste.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I love this place. We can literally ride our bicycles from our home to this lovely casual dining spot. Karen is awesome ! ( the owner ) The Ambience, the food , and most of all the service is incredible. Sean , the bartender , makes you feel right at home . I have never had a bad experience or bad food at this wonderful place. I definitely recommend checking out this local dining spot .