“Great Outdoors”

Great Outdoors Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in High Springs
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to the award winning Great Outdoors Restaurant! We hope you enjoy your dining experience here. Our menu is carefully planned and lovingly prepared. Our Executive Chef is on the premises at all times carefully overseeing every detail of food preparation to personally ensure that everything is prepared fresh in the kitchen. Our steaks are hand cut and our sauces and desserts are homemade. Enjoy our fresh entree salads, homemade soups and a variety of delicious appetizers. We want you to have the perfect guest experience! Our services staff are professionally trained to ensure that every guest has the best dining experience possible.
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Wonder atmosphere, great outdoor fireplace. Tuesday I'd $5 burgers, anyway you want them with hot French fries. The burgers are great! They have live music other nights of the week. The menu is extensive and reasonably priced. Everyone in High Springs know about the $5 burger nights. Cheaper than McDonalds.

1  Thank VisaLady

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We just visited Great Outdoors for the first time and had a terrific experience! We had a large group, which they easily accommodated. We really enjoyed sitting out on their patio for dinner. My daughter had shrimp and grits which she enjoyed and my husband enjoyed his jerk burger. I had a bowl of clam chowder, which was very flavorful and delicious, though the clams were just a little bit tough. I would order it again in a heartbeat though. I also had the Nut n Berry salad which was phenomenal! I ordered soup and salad fully intending to order dessert because I read about their wonderful desserts, but that salad was so sweet and tasty that I didn't even feel the need for dessert. I would go again just to order that salad. I can't wait until we're in the area again to visit Great Outdoors.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Outdoor area was very nice and comfortable. Definitely a place to go grab some drinks and enjoy the weather. The food was mediocre. We had calamari and fried green tomatoes to start. The sauce for calamari was definitely from a can and the grits with the fried green tomatoes were beyond bland. The chef must be terrified pf salt! Under seasoned and underwhelming. Then the sandwiches we got were generic and lack luster. The only saving grace for the chicken sandwich was the bacon. The fish ruben wasn't crispy and again no salt. The description aaid caper tarter sauce but due to the general lack of salt, there were no capers to be found! I'd eat at home then go grab some beers at Great Outdoors.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Went with a group of cousins and had one of the best meals in a long time. One of the cousins plays music and knew of a local band playing that night. It was wonderful. We were seated in the outdoor patio even though it was a little chilly that night. They have heat strips built into the the covers over the alcove table that we sat at. Also had propane heat towers in the open part of the patio. Others that night had huge burgers and some had salads with pan roasted red fish over it. All raved about their food. I had the seafood pasta dish and it came loaded with shrimp, scallops and mussels. Served hot, spiced just right and over al dente pasta. With band volume a little loud it was a challenge at times to talk in the alcove, but all in all a great night out with family.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My young granddaughter and I had an early lunch here yesterday. It was a cool day by Florida standards and the hostess sat us on the patio in part sun and part shade, which was perfect. I felt the food was very high quality. My granddaughter had a hamburger, crisp curly fries, milk and a sundae from the kid's menu for $4.99 and I had a small NutnBerry salad with chicken ( $10). The salad was delicious with plentiful pears, cranberries, candied nuts, blue cheese crumbles and sweet tart dressing. Our waiter was attentive and took a few photos of us on the stage in front of the lovely painted backdrop of a Florida swamp. I had had dinner here once before on my last trip to Florida 4 years ago, and that experience was also very nice. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a good meal in pretty surroundings.