“What a great meal”

Great Outdoors Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in High Springs
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to the award winning Great Outdoors Restaurant! We hope you enjoy your dining experience here. Our menu is carefully planned and lovingly prepared. Our Executive Chef is on the premises at all times carefully overseeing every detail of food preparation to personally ensure that everything is prepared fresh in the kitchen. Our steaks are hand cut and our sauces and desserts are homemade. Enjoy our fresh entree salads, homemade soups and a variety of delicious appetizers. We want you to have the perfect guest experience! Our services staff are professionally trained to ensure that every guest has the best dining experience possible.
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Well it was Thursday night, half price wine night, I got a bottle for the price of a glass. Anyway we tried the 'Gaitor Tails' and the 'Fried Green Tomatoes' side we are irish it's not something we get at home. The tails you can keep but the tomatoes were great. The service was excellent, the food superb, the overall was excellent in this small quite town.

There are newer reviews for Great Outdoors Restaurant

Reviewed April 6, 2012

My husband and I make the trip from Gainesville to High Springs to eat at the Great Outdoors Restaurant on a semi-regular basis. We have yet to be disappointed.

Our most recent trip, I had the chicken oscar and my husband tried the ribeye. Both were amazing and cooked perfectly.

The atmosphere is five star and the patio is wild and fun on the weekends. Service has been friendly and usually spot on.

We will happily continue to dine here!

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Waitress was not friendly the captains platter was more like crew platter 5 shrimp 5 scallops on a bed of soggy fries 4 bites of slaw on a lettuce leaf the shrimp tasted freezer burnt for $18.98 i was so mad!!!!
we waited an hour for our food still haven't seen our waitress and the salad my husband ordered O she finally shows up with it after we have had our food for about 15 mins to late don't want it now!!!! wth.... don't even ask if we need anything just turns and walks off great.
His grouper tasted freezer burnt as well. $60 meal for my birthday and it sucked!
The only reason I can see anyone returning is the decor and outside entertainment and Beer!
We Will never go back!!!!!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I'm vegetarian and found it difficult at times to find something edible in Florida but at this wonderful place the waiter suggest a change to something on the menu:having asparagus instead of chicken in a great pasta dish and it was fantastic

Reviewed March 25, 2012

The food was excellent. Best hamburger I've EVER had! Salads were flavorful. Appetizer (nachos) were delicious, but a tad meager on the portion size, however. Really enjoyed the outdoor atmospher. Would return.