“Best Bed and Breakfast!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in High Springs
Grady House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 High Springs B&B and Inns
East Point, Georgia
“Best Bed and Breakfast!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed at The Grady House this past weekend and had the best time! Lucie and Paul show the best hospitality and make your stay at this gorgeous house unforgettable! I stayed in Skeet's Cottage along with my mother, aunt, and cousin for our second annual Mother/ Daughter trip. The house is wonderful for a family or a group of people. The rooms are a great size and the beds are very comfortable. The bathroom is adorable, especially the claw foot bathtub. I also liked having a kitchen as well because we were able to keep food and drinks for our stay. We were able to spread out within the house, which is wonderful when 4 ladies are staying together!

When we first arrived, Lucie showed us around the place and we met their lovely Grady Bunch! Their dalmations are precious and if you have time, take a minute to ask if you can meet them. Lucie then showed us to the area where she keeps fresh baked cookies, along with coffee, water, and sodas. These are accessible to all guests and it was a great afternoon treat! We also saw the sitting room, complete with excellent information about the house, and the library full of books and DVDs you can watch in your room.

Now that I have taken the time to talk about the house, I MUST tell you about the breakfast! We stayed 4 nights and had something different for breakfast every morning. Each day's meal was to die for! Lucie fixes a two course breakfast every morning. The first course consisted of fresh fruit and some kind of muffin or bread and the second course was something either sweet based or salty based. Each day was great! Oh, and Lucie asked us at the beginning of our stay about food allergies and told us she could fix it accordingly. Lucie and Paul also ask that you take the time to relax and enjoy the food and the talking after you are finished eating. We got to know several people while we were there and it was nice to just relax and have a nice breakfast.This was also a great time to ask Paul and Lucie about things to do in High Springs. They gave the best suggestions and it was just fun talking with them.

I could keep going on, but you MUST visit this bed and breakfast. I am already trying to plan a trip for my husband and I to go. I know he would love the house and hospitality! You really should take a trip and stay at The Grady House. It is located in a small town, but they have things to do there if you want to just get away and relax for a few days!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Bree1386

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Okeechobee, Florida
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We were in search of a place to stay for the my birthday weekend and we wanted to go canoeing. Neither of us had stayed at a Bed-n-Breakfast but the reviews were great so we booked. I loved it!. Extremely comfortable and the food was magnificent but I can't say enough about the hospitability of our host!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This place may be one of Florida's best kept secrets! They are located just north of Gainesville in High Springs. The first time I stayed there we just happened to find it when we were rained out from our camping weekend. The rooms are beautifully furnished and there are nice, comfortable beds. We love to sit on the front porch swing and just relax. There is a lovely garden where you can wander around on various paths or just sit and relax with your morning coffee. But don't let me forget to tell you about the breakfasts! Owner Lucie is a phenomenal cook! Be sure to come downstairs in the morning hungry! Please try the Grady House.You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Each room is a different color. The red room might be best for lovers!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I took great care in finding the perfect weekend getaway in North Florida with my sweetheart and the Grady House met if not exceeded all of my expectations. While it may be off the beaten path for most, it is well worth the detour! Everything was perfect start to finish. I called ahead with some special requests to make my honey's birthday weekend memorable and special with balloons, champagne and cupcakes waiting in the room. Although this is not a standard service, Lucie went out of her way to make this happen. I was especially touched that she found ballons with a candle motif since no candles or flames of any type are permitted on premise.

When we called to inform our hosts that we were going to be late for our already late pre-arranged check-in time, Paul was halarious from the get-go making us feel at home before we had even arrived. He thoughtfully called ahead to the nearby Great Outdoors Restaurant to ensure the kitchen would still be open and took the initiative to make reservations for us so that we would not miss our chance to have a wonderfully prepared hot meal after our long day of travels from Miami. Paul was waiting to greet us following our late dinner and his passion for hosting was immediately evident in his fun approach to "new guest orientation".

During our 3-night stay in this beautiful treasure of a B&B, we felt comfortable in our comings and goings, and we made new friends at the to-die-for breakfast time with some of the other guests. The Red Room was perfectly romantic and created a nostalgic world within another world reminiscent of a time gone by. We enjoyed reading together on the couch in the super-cozy living room, chatting on the porch swing, and leisurely exploring the lovely and tranquil gardens. Simply put, the Grady House is a very special place that has been brought (back) to life by an equally special couple. We feel privildged to have been able to enjoy it. I hope to be able to return again soon with a few close friends and family to share another wonderful experience.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Willa B
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We intended on stay 4 nights but were enjoying our trip so much that we added 2 extra nights. I highly recommend the Peach Room. This house and the gardens are beautiful. Paul and Lucie are amazing hosts. There is a beautiful parlor to sit in and a great front porch as well. The breakfasts are incredible. Never the same any day. Absolutely delicious! We have already referred The Grady House to a few people.

Room Tip: We liked the Peach room not only for its decor but also it has a separated seating area with a Daybe...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amys-thoughts
Cheyenne28, Owner at Grady House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
We enjoyed having you stay with us and had a lot of fun with you too! Thank you very much for the wonderful review and all of the photos of the Grady House. Please come visit again soon.
IOW
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Our party of 4 adults from the UK on road trip in this area enjoyed our stay at Grady House. It is a beautifully decorated house with a delightful shady garden to escape the heat and relax. A delicious breakfast in each morning after a comfortable nights sleep what more can you want! Our only criticism ( more of a warning actually) is that the bathrooms in Peach and Navy rooms are snug! Would highly recommend Grady House.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank HJEIOW
Fort Pierce, Florida
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at the Grady House in July. Lucy & Paul were very hospitable. The breakfasts were gourmet, delicious and beautiful. We were served with a different china set every morning we were there. We stayed in the Peach Room and had a daybed in the adjoining room where my teenage daughter slept. The beds were comfortable and the furnishing were beautiful. We were able to roam around the gorgeous gardens. The living room was full of wonderful books and fine antiques. Sitting on the porch was relaxing and enjoyable. They also have shelves of videos that you can check out on the honor system to watch in your room. At the end of our stay we bought a large crafted mug as a momento from our trip. Unfortunately, recently it dropped to the floor and broke. We will have to go back for another fantastic stay attune Grady House and buy another Grady House mug.

• Stayed July 2013
Hampton Inn and Suites Lake City
Super 8 Lake City
Super 8 Lake City
#9 of 24 in Lake City

Been to Grady House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!