“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in High Springs
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We are a family of 4 and love to go to the Springs! Great hotel, clean rooms, great service, great people and great location! Makes you feel like you are at home! We stay there several times a year, and have for years and will continue to do so!

• Stayed: July 2013
highspringsinn, Front Office Manager at High Springs Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review. We strive to make each customer happy and comfortable while staying at the Inn. Hope to see you on your next trip.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is an old late-40s Florida motor court hotel that has been maintained very nicely. We are always trepidatious about booking double beds, as they really don't accomodate two bodies very well, but these beds were so comfortable that the size wasn't an issue. Having a microwave and refrigerator in the room was a nice bonus -- I'd guess these would have been called kitchenette rooms back in the day, but without the stove or hotplate. My only suggestion would be more hang bars in the bathroom for towels.

I noticed one reviewer complaining about the clientele congregating outside: there are a lot of divers that use this hotel. This is their native habitat and they are typically non-aggressive. They are often more afraid of you than you are of them. Offer them a beer and they will usually back down from any aggressive displays, although some caution that you should not offer them food or drink or they may become less fearful of people as a whole and see them as a source for food. Note that they often hang their pelts to dry outside their dens.

Summary: Friendly, accomodating, and helpful front desk staff, clean rooms, hot showers, and VERY comfortable beds. Good location, and a lovely taste of retro-Florida.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Flahdagal

Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review. We have updated our Inn since your last stay. We strive to make each guest happy and comfortable. Thank you for your comments regarding your last stay. Hope to see you on your next trip.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

4th or 5th stay here this year. I have lost count. Great service as usual. Clean, quiet rooms. Very nice people. I wish they would open a restaurant too! Booked my next stay at checkout. See you soon.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review. We are happy to accommodate our guests requests when reasonable. We strive to make each guest happy and comfortable for their stay at our Inn. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed here with my three sons, for two nights, having made reservations in advance. The only reason that I stayed here was because of the great reviews here on tripadvisor - this is the first time that I have been misguided by others' reviews. We were planning on canoeing the Santa Fe river one day, and go tubing at Itchetucknee springs the next day, and based on the map of Florida, this looked like the nearest town to stay. In retrospect, I now know that we should have stayed off of I-75 near, by one of the Gainesville exits, which would have put us about thirty minutes farther from our day trips, but it would have been worth the extra expense and time. Staying at the High Springs Country Inn was extremely inexpensive, but there was only one diner in town (I will save that experience for another review) that was open at 6:30am when we went looking for breakfast, and so there was not much reason to have stayed in High Springs after all. We thought we would be saving time in getting to the springs by staying here. The room appeared to be straight out of the early 70's (maybe?), dim lighting, mildew smell, loud AC unit, toilet that overflowed the first time we used it. Two roaches (which usually means more) did not help. The majority of the other rooms at this inn appeared to be full, not with people on vacation, but as a living situation for locals that were using it as housing. We felt very uncomfortable unpacking our vehicle, as these people were all sitting outside their rooms, smoking, drinking beer, and watching us go in and out with our luggage. The only positive things that I can say about this inn, is that the man at the desk (perhaps the owner?) was very nice and friendly, and came right away when the toilet overflowed. Also, the sheets on the bed were clean, and the shower was hot. I can only assume that the great reviews from other people, must be due to different expectations of an inn. Perhaps if you are on a guys only trip, or going diving, where you are only looking for a place to sleep on a bed and have a hot shower, then this might be great. I don't consider myself to be picky, and although I have stayed in 5 star hotels, I am also used to older motels as well as tent camping . . . I can honestly say that my sons and I might have been more comfortable tent camping at the nearby O'Leno state park.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Melanie D

Dear Guest, We are sorry for your bad experience at our Inn and have updated since your stay with us in June 2013. We are also sorry for any inconveniences and the unclean room you have experienced while staying with us. We strive for excellence if you would next time you stay with us let us know of anything dirty we will be happy to switch you rooms or clean your room. Here at the High Springs Country Inn we strive to make our customers happy and comfortable.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed here for our first dive trip to Ginnie Springs. It is a very friendly place and accommodates divers well. Definitely the best place to stay In High Springs. The front desk was very friendly and helpful both on arrival, during our stay and when we got home and found we had left some chargers in the room. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review. We would have been happy to send the charges to you by mail upon your request. We strive to make our guests happy and comfortable. Hope to see you next time you are in our area.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is my second trip to cave country and this place is my home away from home. Despite its age, this place is clean and comfy. The owner is very accomodating and friendly. I will be back in December for more diving and this is the place fr cave divers alike: you are within walking distance of food and diving shop.

Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Jp F

Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review. We strive to make every customer happy and comfortable on their stay. Hope to see you next time you stay in our area.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have stayed at this lovely small motel every other week for the past year, for business. It is quiet and safe, and a great get away. The staff is readily available, warm and friendly. I really felt "taken care of"!
High Springs is a lovely town with shops and restaurants in walking distance, in addition to canoeing, kayaking and diving.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MARCIA M

Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review. We are happy you found our Inn warm and friendly. We strive to make our guests happy and comfortable. When women stay at our Inn have always felt safe at our on their stay thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to see you on your next trip.

Also consider these accommodations in or near High Springs
TownePlace Suites Gainesville Northwest
Courtyard Gainesville
Courtyard Gainesville
#19 of 47 in Gainesville

Been to High Springs Country Inn? Share your experiences!