“Good BBQ Option”

Add it.
Gator Q
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We had a groupon for Gator Q and tried it out the other night. We were greeted by the owner, who was also our server. She was very informative about the smoking process and the menu selections. We were given a smoked chicken wing to try since it was our first vsit. It was very moist and tasty. Quite a few sides that were not the standard at a BBQ place. We had the mac and cheese that was made with several cheeses and included ricotta and cream, it was very good. I also had sweet potato fries and my husband had the greens, which were a little spicy. We had the smoked chicken and pulled pork. The chicken was excellent, had a great smoky flavor and was moist and tender. The pork was good, but next time, I think I'll stick with the chicken. They offer 10 different sauces to try and will bring each of them to you if you ask. They aren't run of the mill sauces either, they had quite a choice of unique sauces. We tried 5 different ones and were pleased with them all, although the honey mustard was my favorite. The owner really made you feel right at home and was very friendly and helpful. It is a small restaurant and as the name suggests is full of Gator memorabilia. It is worth the drive from Gainesville or Lake City.

1  Thank travlingal51