“Listen to prior recommendations!”
Review of Ginnie Springs

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in High Springs
Ginnie Springs
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in High Springs
St Petersburg
“Listen to prior recommendations!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We made reservations but did not check reviews. Good thing we went during the week! You can see the signs that they cater to heavy partiers. The bail bond billboard outside the entrance was a big one! The river was full of beer cans, in the water and on the banks. So sad to see such disregard for the environment. Partiers began arriving Thursday. Only a few, but plenty of loud music. Time to move one, so we did.

• Stayed May 2012
5 Thank April H

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

We went at the end of may, memorial day, seemed like UF was there with all the frats/sororities. Loud rap music, over crowding, trash...etc. we had roped off our section of the campground and in the middle of the night someone had camped on our site!!!! It's a big place with no transpiration to and from the river so you end up carrying everything. We ended up staying 1 night out of the planned 4 nights and drove up north to another spring and campground.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank C2sky1
Loganville, Georgia
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I fist visited Ginnie in 1976. (It was then spelled Jenny) It is a premere cave destination diving in north Florida.We have found it is best to camp Sunday through Thursday- if you enjoy a little peace and quiet. We bring a few family and friends for 4 days every June and totally enjoy our time there. It is also a good idea to only pay for a couple of days at a time because the weather can change in a hurry.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Artbug55
gainesville, florida
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I have grown up in this area. I can get there in less than 30 min. But...... Unless you call "fun" a bunch of "PUNK" abnoxiously drunk at every corner and turn. Don't Go!!! My father took my mother, 2 brothers and I all up and down the rivers in North Central Florida in the 70's and 80's scuba diving, boating, fishing, swimming, etc. I partied myself as a teenager in the 80's on these local rivers and lakes. Ginnie has some of the best cave diving and just plain gorgeous snorkeling around but.... the people whom own this park take absolutley no care, especially during the holidays. (Memorial Day/Labor Day) especially. Now, I have done my share of carrying-on as a kid but I just can't remember acting like some of these people do as even a teenager at my worst. My husband and I went with a bunch of friends during Memorial Day a year or so ago and, my god..... People were drinking (kids to adults) at terribly dangerous levels, the trash cans in the campgrounds were constantly overflowing, bathrooms and showers kept filthy, fights, people racing up and down the campground on ATV's/motorcycles at 3 and 4 in the morning and most to young to drive!! Young punk's driving around 4 wheel drives filled to the brim with jerks in the back that were cursing at people walking along road, did I mention this went on till 4am? Yeah, this was like Bike Week and the nasty part of Woodstock mixed together. It wasn't even fun. You couldn't even smoke a doobie (if that was your thing) and relax!!! Ambulances coming and going at all times, cops constantly everywhere but, the worst part , a teenage boy came walking frantically up to my group at our campsite, he was clearly drunk and VERY upset, he asked if any of us were missing a teenage daughter. Someone in our group got a little offended and asked not so nicely "Why" the kid was asking us and the boy responded that there was a young girl two campsites over that passed out on "him and his friends", they didn't even know her name or where she belonged. As my group got up to follow him, sure enough, there she was surrounded by people at this point...She went in to cardiac arrest and a lady whom I later found out was a nurse happend by and began working on her. I never really got the rest of the story, don't know if she made it but, that girl could not have been any older than maybe 17. All I could think of is my two girls that at the time were both under 18. Thank God I decided to let them do something different that weekend! Now, my oldest who is now over 18 has only gone during the day to enjoy the springs and my 15 year old is forbidden to go out there with her friends and I'm a pretty liberal mom!!! Sorry this post is so long but if you take the kids, you might want to go on a non-holiday and don't camp!!!

Room Tip: Only take children if staying for day. River is low, check with local authorities (news station, hea...
Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank sunshinegurl01
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Been going for 12 years and i'm in my mid 40's. Our family of four go every year on Memorial Day weekend. If you have kids do not camp by the springs, there is alot of college kids & partying going on down there. We camp up in the wilderness area where its much quieter. Sorry but if your looking for a quiet family trip then you need to go to a State park. This park is alcohol friendly so it wont be as quiet. Its a beautiful park, & the staff is great. We love going there and will continue going there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank Shane D
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We were harassed by hostile, aggressive under age drunk campers and tubers until well after 2am, and management did NOTHING to stop it. The sheriff's department needs to raid this place and clean out the drugs and illegal activity. The "No Profanity" signs in the dive shop are a joke - foul language is the LEAST of their worries. We should have called the police. Bathrooms and port-a-potties were not cleaned once in the 3 days we were there. I felt cleaner before I got into their filthy showers. Equipment for kayaking was worn out and/or malfunctioning. The staff was friendly - that's the only nice thing I can say about the place. There are too many other places to camp in that area without dealing with all the nonsense at this place.

• Stayed November 2011
11 Thank ohdanigirl75
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 25, 2011

NOT FOR FAMILIES! $20 bucks per person per night got us NOTHING but frustration and anger. I will be disputing the 87.00 charge on my VISA today!

Trip1- My husband wanted to take me for a camping trip. We arrived early to find a nice spot down in the Beaver Landing area. Frat party set up next to us with about 15-20 guys and some dancer girls. They had several jacked-up trucks with generators to play their stereos, they had strobe lights, and the chaos of fires that were WAY to large, dancing, screaming, breaking glass, went on well past 2am – managed to google the sheriff’s dept who came out about an hour later. They left. This did nothing. At 7am the Sheriff came back by to escort them out. The night was lost the vibe was killed. The staff didn’t care.

Trip2- About a year later I thought I’d give it another chance. We had friends meet us from out of state to take our children 3/5/7 out for their first ever camping trip. Friday night AND Saturday night were the same… Group of 30 or more going above what is considered a “normal’ gathering- full blown pig roast and about 20 tents. Party continued VERY loudly past the 12am “quiet time” as posted in their brochure. I called the Sheriff but no one ever came out. The staff number listed on the brochure only gets you to someone’s extension to leave a message- I WAS LATER TOLD TO CALL Ms. ROSE FOR COMPLAINTS. Around 3am they started letting their car alarms go off and screaming wake up!! Or screaming people’s names, clapping, occasional firecracker. This continued to 6am. We had drunk kids loitering and hanging near our site (our lights were clearly off as we were trying to sleep) who I tried to flash the lights on. Group of guys towing in a flatscreen tv and generator.

I believe Ginnie Springs should be investigated for public safety, environmental safety, and for perhaps giving kick-backs to the local police who do nothing.

THIS IS NOT A FAMILY FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
DoubleTree by Hilton Gainesville
Super 8 Lake City
Super 8 Lake City
#9 of 24 in Lake City

Been to Ginnie Springs? Share your experiences!