“Delicious food in a relaxed environment.”
Review of Cayo Esquivel

Cayo Esquivel
Ranked #20 of 353 Restaurants in Hialeah
Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you're looking to have your fish served up just right, and are tired of having that limited to the local drag show, drag yourself over to Cayo Esquivel in Hialeah Gardens.

Don't let the simple outside keep you from coming in to a cozy, friendly and inviting establishment with excellent service and, dare I said, DELICIOUS food.

Surprisingly easy to get to, Cayo Esquivel offers a menu of fresh, interesting but simple and understated dishes that will satisfy all seafood lovers.

I had an amazing avocado salad topped with a grilled grouper that melted in my mouth. My friend and I started our meal by sharing grilled octopus. I wanted there to be a buffet of it. My fellow diners had entire grilled fish on their plates which looked mouth-watering. If they have seafood fried rice as a special during your visit, GET IT !

The decor is right out of Key West. There's nothing fancy about the layout or the seating, but the food is worth it.

Cayo Esquivel in Hialeah Gardens is one of those hidden gems. Go!!!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Landlocked, light-industry-heavy Hialeah is an unlikely home for a seafood restaurant, but a very likely place to get lost. Non-natives had best enter and leave this heart of Cuban America via GPS. We had no problem with parking or towing when we went for lunch, perhaps because crowds and police were otherwise occupied on election day. Conch ceviche was excellent, as was the salmon bisque. Corvina with mango had a garish orange color best viewed through Polaroid lenses. The fish, however, was moist, fresh, and flaky, and the mango sauce had a subtle taste that belied its color. The filet on the grouper sandwich was grilled to perfection. Flan was creamy with a hint of coconut. Cuban coffee lived up to high Hialeah taste standards, although it lacked 'puma.

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Not too many places had seafood to offer in the area, this use to be an excellent place, but like many restaurants that become good, they list the thing that made tme great, Great Food is not here anymore, just average.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

I ate at the hialeah store the fish with lemonsauce made me vomit, had no flavor of lemon only yellow slime. Our kingfish was rubbery and not fresh. I won't eat there again, overall mistake. All the good ratings must be from the owners family and freinds.

1  Thank j w
Reviewed December 3, 2009

The food is decent but this place is in the middle of an industrial park
surrounded by auto repair shops. Paring is a MAJOR problem.
My car was towed while I had lunch to the tune of $105 plus the aggravation.
Be very careful of where you park IF you decide to risk it.

1  Thank Redfish30