Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
$85
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Room Service
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskwestland mallfree breakfastthe security guardhighly recommend this hotelwi ficomfortable stayclean hotelhouse keepingbathroom doorwould definitely stay here againcoffee makeryogurtmiamilauderdalelaundrycruise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 14, 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights during my trip to Miami. The hotel is very well maintained and can be rated as a 3Star hotel. Only down side is the free Wifi is not high speed as advertised. I was able to gets speeds like 500-600 KBPS(download), but the PC's in the business center have better internet speeds.

Pros: Free Wifi, Free Breakfast, Location, Amenities
Cons: Internet speed.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Stayed at this hotel as the Casablanca on South Beach was terrible. (See my review on trip advisor). Call late on as we were stranded by Casablanca and I booked a king room. Didn't quite realise how far the hotel is but it is adjacent to the junction on main road 826. When we arrived the hotel upgraded me to a very nice suite and directed us to the local Fast Food eateries. We were tired and more than a little hungry so made do with this typical american fare. The room was clean and had a most comfortable bed. The room was very quiet despite the proximity to the nearby road. The next morning we decided to stay longer and book another two nights. Same room same rate. The main down side of the hotel is the breakfast. I know its the usual HIE breakfast but does it have to be served on polystyrene plates and cups with plastic cutlery. American breakfast is strange but at least it was done as well as it probably could be. Location was an issue too but that was down to me not knowing the area and 'any port in a storm'. Unlike other reviewers the Internet connection work well everytime we connected. Haulover Beach, Miami's naturist beach, is about 30mins drive away but it is one straight road, if you ignore the complicated junction with the I95. If you like rollercoasters, Dania Beach at Fort Lauderdale has an excellent wooden one called Hurricane.
If you want to be near the beaches pick somewhere else, but for a very good HIE I don't think you can really go wrong.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2010

The excellent internet rate and some reviews lured us for the 4 nights. The breakfast was great! Bacon, sausage, biscuits, scrambled eggs, waffles, fruit, plus the continental fare. Warm cookies were a treat when we returned in the afternoons. Front desk staff greeted us every time.

The proximity to highways and shopping malls was perfect, reasonable dining less than 10minute drive.

Went down to do a small load of laundry, staff brought hot coffee, provided change for the machine and even detergent when the dispenser was out.

Highly recommend this to anyone, and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2010

owen and the staff there are great I
been coming here for months on business five or six times a month. This hotel I rated a A because of the staff always have a smile on there faces , great service and the security make u feel very safe this is my second home and my second family I love this hotel. TIRED GUESS

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I arrived late at night after a long flight with a confirmed reservation for a suite. Without telling me, they changed my room to a double bed room. Went back to front desk and the night manager said I had to take what they had even though my confirmation actually said "Suite". Spent next 1/2 hour arguing with him. Had no choice but to take room for night. They finally changed the room next day. The only compensation received was a cheap startbucks card. Hope they take a look at their room compensation policy. Not a nice way to start a vacation. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family