I picked this hotel after reading Tripadvisor - I was very cynical about some of the reviews calling out names of all the staff. I thought it to be unusual that so many people would find similar ways to praise a hotel - for reference try any other hotel and see how many times staff are mentioned in Tripadvisor reviews. So I was hesitant to say the least but still decided to stay here because of my generally positive past experiences with Holiday Inn. I can say now my stay was very satisfactory!
We, family of four, stayed here for one night on our way to Key West. Our check-in was quick. Our room was reasonably good with two welcoming double beds. The bathroom was clean and spacious. Everything worked! We could hear a fair amount of foot traffic, but with two young kids myself, I cannot really complain as this was during the holiday season. The elevator was slooooooow... at one point we wondered if it was going anywhere or if we needed to call for help (I am not kidding, this one is from the Stone Age).
The breakfast was the typical Holiday Inn fare - eggs, muffins, bagels. It was very crowded but we managed to find a place to sit quickly. The staff was exceptional in clearing tables and cleaning up after guests. The kids really loved all the options, especially the pancake maker.
The checkout process was also very quick and efficient. Overall this was a good (not great, because of some of the minor issues) stay. The area around the hotel is safe and there is ample parking space.
I would recommend this place even though I can say that I did not identify any of the staff mentioned in some of the other reviews. Maybe I needed to stay longer to get to know them but everybody was nice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just minutes from Miami International Airport and Opa-Locka Airport, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is your best choice in Hialeah-Miami Lakes-Medley. Our hotel features 146 guestrooms which include 68 suites and 4 Jacuzzi suites.The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is your ideal destination. Imagine having all the space and tools you need for buisness, high-speed Internet, a specialized work area in your room, and plenty of electrical outlets. Our business center is there for copying, faxing, and features two computer workstations. If you're here for pleasure, you are just minutes away from outstanding shopping which include several malls, dining, entertainment and all the adventures that Miami is famous for.We provide all our guests with amenities that help ensure that your stay is comfortable and productive. Key amenities such as complimentary Stay Smart (hot) breakfast, free wireless high-speed Internet access throughout entire hotel, 24-hour fitness center, outdoor pool, and ample parking are just some of the comforts our hotel provides to help make your stay with us exceptional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, IHG, Hotwire, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes) Hotel Hialeah
- Holiday Inn Express Hialeah
- Holiday Inn Hialeah
- Hialeah Holiday Inn