Before writing this review, I read the first page of prior reviews. I want to say that I sympathize with the management who diligently responded to all the negative criticism. To them i'll give 5 stars...but most of the issues are out of their hands.
After our flight was cancelled, the ticketing agent offered vouchers to 4 "airport" hotels. I chose the Ramada based on a longstanding, decent reputation and her description that the hotel had a shuttle that ran every 30 minutes. After waiting outside over 45 minutes, with manymany shuttles from other hotels picking up passengers, I called the direct hotel number and twice no one answered the main desk phone. That in itself should have been a clue. The third time, someone picked up and when i said i had waited close to an hour for the shuttle, she responded that he should be there soon , the shuttle runs every hour...(NOT what the American agent said). The shuttle arrived after 70 minutes and i see the lettering "Ramada Inn Airport North HIALEAH!!!!...well i know a little about miami and know Hialeah is not "close" to the airport. I ask the driver and he states 15 minutes. I did think this was ridiculous and never would have chosen this location if i knew how far away it actually was.
I did feel bad for the shuttle driver since the load of passengers all felt the same and it actually was longer than 15m inutes away
Checkin was pretty efficient and quick considering the amount of people she had in line. She offered suggestions to people looking for places to grab dinner and overall she was the highlight of this experience.
The front elevator was out of order so we had to trapse to the rear elevator and back to our room on floor 3. I agree with the poster who described the carpets as dirty. They were and that is in control of the staff.
The room was ok, didn;t smell great, towels were pretty thin and old and tub had numerous chips. Some areas of the walls were stained and dirty but I will say that the bedding was pretty comfortable.
You do need to sign up for a time for a return shuttle to the airport. In the AM at checkout, both elevators were not working and the computer was very slow for the gentleman trying to provide receipts.
I will be writing next to American Airlines to complain. The voucher was pretty worthless as i wouldn't pay that price for a room here with it but had already invested close to 2 hours and was tired.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of South Florida's Shopper's Paradise, the Ramada Miami Airport North is within walking distance of many retail stores and restaurants.We are approximately 10 miles from the Miami International airport, away from the typical congestion and noise of an airport hotel. Free airport pickup and delivery is available from 6 am to 9 pm daily.Few Miami airport hotels offer a better location than the Ramada Airport North. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn Miami Airport North Hotel Hialeah
- Ramada Inn Hialeah
- Ramada Miami Airport North