New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“MIAMI 2013” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport

Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hialeah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Korean first
Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here for three nights, after being here before twice, knowing it is close to the airport. Not bad if you just came from Europe around midnight!
The staff was friendly, gave us a room at second floor and helped us when needed. Parking is now without a yellow permit and was still able at that time, despite a full hotel. Funny enough, they only had smoking rooms, despite our booking. Luckily, some person never showed that evening and they gave us a non smoking room for three nights.
The room itself was okay, but it looked like they painted over the mold here and there. Call that an upgrade! We used a discount voucher by email, giving 20 dollars back per night, but not when the hotel is full and then you pay the full 95 dollars per full night! A bit weird in my opinion. A deal is a deal, right?

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to share your comments on Trip Advisor. Please know that your feedback is important to us and I will utilize your comments to continue to improve our service and product..

Thank you for your loyalty.

Caracas, Venezuela
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

After a couple of years, my parents decided to make a reservation in this hotel (low budget hotel) and we were prepared for no luxury on this facility, nevertheless this time was out of any expectation. First of all, the transportation to the hotel left us more than one hour awaiting for them at the airport, despite we called almost 3 times asking for explanation they only said they are on its way, the day we departed, despite we called the night before to check us for the first shuttle of the morning, we were not listed, the driver was complaining regarding his manager and his lack of organization blaming him of all the problems in front of all the customers. We we checked in no towels were placed on the bathroom, it took long time to have them, after room service was done we had to wait for the glasses and coffee for the coffee maker, they sink and WC at the bathroom was malfunctioning and we asked to front desk almost 3 times during our stay. I found out that just the hotel GM Mr. Armando Hernandez, hope this note gets him to start working on these customer service he has in the hotel. I was a fan of this hotel in the past, but now I am not anymore. Hope this opinion helps the GM to improve.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Alfredo Jose G
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post your review on Trip Advisor. I apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit. I know that waiting a long time for our shuttle is not acceptable and I'm truly sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. Our ultimate goal is to provide EXCELLENT service to each and every guest we serve. Please know that your feedback is important to us and I will meet with the operation team and review your comments.

Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just got back from my second stay this year at the Ramada Miami Airport North. Requested a 2nd floor room close to the elevator and got it. I was definitely pleased with having my request honoured. This is mainly because I had issues in the past with poor WiFi reception in a room on a higher floor. With this room, (201), I got a much better WiFi signal. I also requested to rent a refrigerator for just $10 USD per night plus tax and this was delivered in less than twenty minutes after asking. Well done Ramada. My only displeasure with this stay was the complimentary shuttle service. Upon arrival in Miami I called the driver and he said he was just leaving the airport. I asked him if he could wait as we were just stepping off the elevator to walk to the curb and he said no. As such, we had to wait 1 hour and 10 minutes for him to return. That same evening, I took the shuttle to Walmart. The departure from the hotel was on time at 4pm but the return pick up at 7pm was late. I think more effort can be placed on improving the efficiency of this service.

Apart from that, the room was very clean with two Queen-sized beds, flat screen television, work table and office chair, coffee maker, tea, coffee, sugar etc. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an affordable place to stay to do some shopping while in Miami. Westfield Westland Mall is right across the road and within close vicinity are Kmart, Walmart, Target, Burlington Coat Factory and much more. There are also many restaurants nearby including Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Chilli’s, IHOP and many more. If you are looking for the cheapest rates, check out American Airlines Hotels at AA.com/hotels. They always have this hotel MUCH cheaper than booking with Ramada directly.

Room Tip: The closer you are to reception, the better the WiFi signal.