“DO NOT GO HERE”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hialeah
bahamas
“DO NOT GO HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

About five years ago, when we first stayed at Ramada the service was excellent. However, our this time the service was horrible. The desk attendants was pretty much was bias. If you did not speak spanish, you received secondary service. There was very little help when asked.

Furthermore, the room itself was disgusting. There were roach eggs in the comforters. Roaches were crawling on the walls. One day there were no bathing towels. The carpet was gross. I loved walking barefoot, however, when I did my feet were black as if I was walking out side.

The only good feature was the conceige driver. He was very professional. Other than that I would not suggest this hotel to any one.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank dudette2525
Rammiaport, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to let us know your obervations during your recent stay with us Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your comments to continue to train our team members to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve. I will personally meet with the Executive Housekeeper & the Operations team and review our procedures. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.

I truly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

Best regards,

Armando / GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Korean first
Manchester, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

We stayed here the night of 26th March 2011 before a cruise.

After dropping our hire car off at Miami airport we waited at one of the hotel shuttle stops at the airport . After an hour I checked how much supershuttle would be and they wanted $37 for the two of us so we were prepared to wait a little while longer, sure enough the shuttle arrived and the driver was really pleasant, didn't get his name.
We noticed we were the only ones to give him a tip, he was very nice to us,asked if we were going to the port next day to make sure we got our names put on the port shuttle list which we did. No one else was given this info, perhaps if they tipped they would have.

Our room was on the second floor, one double bed which was fine for us, newish bathroom , the bed was comfy and the air con unit looked new, it worked fine and the room did not have any funny odours. I will confirm that the hall way carpets were disgusting and we were a little wary as to what the room would be like.

Across the road there is a shopping mall with 3 department stores, J.C Penneys, Maceys and Sears ( I think ) plus several shops and food court. Someone previously reported about how bad the road was, what is wrong with you people? There are several cross walks to get to the mall, just push the button and wait for the white light to cross safely !!
Nearby there are also all the usual pharmacies like CVS ,we visit the states often and find these places great for stocking up.

We only paid £ 35 for the night, the shuttle from the airport and to the port would have cost much more than this so it was like having a free room. We would stay here again if only I could remember the room number we had !!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank swintontraveller
Quito, Ecuador
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

This is a developing country hotel for backpacker but not the price, everything is dirty, old, and there is not a manager!

I booked though Hotels,com, when I try to cancel my reservation they told me that is not possible because the hotels policy...FALSE

JUST AVOID THIS HOTEL IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET A DISEASES

Room Tip: The best hotel is in a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Rammiaport, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
Dear Guest

It is with great regret and concern that we received your comments. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your feedback to continue to train our team members to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve.

We look forward to continuing our association with you and please feel free to contact me directly.

I truly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

Respectfully yours,

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

Check-in was fast and easy. Was there on vacation and for a music festival.First room we had air conditioning unit didn't work, had to change rooms. After a day out of site seeing and hitting the beach came back to our room to find a very expensive I-Pod gone! (at least they left the headphones-thanks). When I tried to report it to the front desk several times they were too busy, had reports they were in the middle of kept being told to come back finally on our last night I approached them again and they said the person I needed to speak to would not be in until 8:00am the next morning to come back then I told them I had a very early flight and would not be able to come at that time so the said then just give us your e-mail and we will e-mail you if we find it! I would not go there again! not even for the price or a free room.

Room Tip: Keep all valuables with you!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to let us know your feedback during your recent stay with us. I will personally meet with the operations team and review our procedures. I will contact you directly to get more details in regards to your recent stay.

In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

My sincere apologies,

Warren, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2011

The first day my friend and I got to the hotel we didn't get checked into our hotel room until 5 am because they CLAIM they didn't have our reservations. The carpet is awful. Room stinks, smells like old wet dogs and the WORST PART I TOOK SHOWERS WITH ROACHES EVERY MORNING! They also mischarged my card 3 times so I'd advise you to use cash. This hotel was the worst experience ever and it is ssssssooooo far from Miami downtown. The best part of the hotel was NOT BEING THERE!!!! service and room disgusting. Except one girl who worked there in the evening was nice, showed concern and fixed the mischarge card situation.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Rammiaport, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to let us know your observations during your recent stay with us. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your comments to continue to train our team members to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve. I will personally meet with the operations team and review our procedures. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.

I truly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your visit.

Warm regards,

Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

I stayed here the night before we left for a cruise. The shuttle service offered from Miami airport to the hotel and then the hotel to the port is a complete joke. We waited about an hour and a half for the shuttle and got the run around from the person who claimed to be the only one working at the hotel on where the shuttle was. Finally a shuttle arrived and 17 of us crammed into a shuttle for 10.
Not only that, the shuttle lists were filled up to the cruise port the next morning and the only time available was 1:30p. This was too late so we had to pay $50 for a cab ride to the port.
Plus, the front desk was tottaly unorganized and the hotel room was nothing short of a dissapointment. Spend a little more money and stay closer to the port with a hotel chain you can trust.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank stargrl89
Rammiaport, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
Dear Guest,

I truly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our hotel transportation services during your recent stay. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your feedback to continue to train our team members to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.

My sincere apologies,

Armando/GM
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2011

blanket looks like it has sperm. saw a few roaches next to the old tv

• Stayed May 2010
2 Thank dannydundid
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to report our shortfall in regards to your recent stay with us. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our team's goal is to not only meet the needs of each guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations. Please know that feedback such as your assists us in improving our services and property on a daily basis. In addition please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

Kind Regards,

Armando/GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hialeah
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Holiday Inn Miami West - Airport Area
Quality Inn Miami Airport
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#10 of 16 in Miami Springs

Been to Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport? Share your experiences!