Review Highlights
Absolutely an Excellent Tour!

Highly recommend! Marshall is knowledgeable, passionate and super FUN.Definitely will be going back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
tcbibs
via mobile
Much more then we expected

Very easy to book, we were sent a text making it very easy to locate. Awesome down to earth tour by... read more

Reviewed March 26, 2021
jimbV3879CX
Akron, Ohio

All reviews airboat tour his wife bass air boat made us feel family business his knowledge worth every penny tourist trap great trip answered all our questions eco system native americans flora and fauna their natural habitat excellent tour south florida
Selected filters
Reviewed March 28, 2017 via mobile

We planned our trip ahead of time, one and a half months in advance to be exact. My wife called and made a reservation for a cabin from Friday to Sunday. Much to our surprise they did not request a credit card to hold the reservation, instead mentioning that they would "write it on the book". My wife called a second time I believe a couple of days later to confirm and was assured by the same guy that he did. Again no credit card requested, no email confirmation. Date comes around for us to check in, and after much driving (95 miles from the keys) and much planning I decide to call while we were passing by Miami Beach to let them know we were running a little late..... well guess what, same guy now says sorry, all cabins are taken, don't have you on my book. Now, I'm usually a cool guy, but after all the planning, driving, expenses incurred in preparation for this weekend, provisions purchased, and the fact that due to my line of work I only get 20 weekends off a year, my gaskets started popping. So I just handed the phone to my wife because here I was, almost a hundred miles from home, on my weekend off, which I had been waiting for for quite a while, full of camping gear, in Miami Beach, the mecca of flashiness and materialism. Who the heck goes camping in Miami Beach?? NO ONE.
So eventually the guy remembered speaking with my wife, was profusely sorry about his mistake (forgot to "write it on the book"), and offered us (via text) a free night ($80 value) to make up for it. I texted a reply letting him know that for all the expenses and aggravation incurred I would need 2 free nights in order to justify a visit; a stay in Miami Beach is not cheap, and that's what we had to resort to in the end in order to "save the weekend". That was the last I heard from him, I guess one night is the best they can do.
I certainly appreciate the guy's honesty; there are many people out there who will never acknowledge their mistakes. But unfortunately people plan ahead of time and make reservations for a reason. In this day and age, if you run your business sort of on the informal side, informalities are bound to happen. Time is money, and "vacation time" even more than money because we don't get much, really.

Date of experience: March 2017
4  Thank oshkh
Marshall J, General Manager at Mack's Fish Camp - Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2017

The initial call came in while I was with my family at a Superbowl party and I clearly explained that to your wife.
I asked that If I didn't reach out to her the next day, to please call me. That call didn't happen.
I did receive a text a few days later, however.
Unfortunately, there was an oversite on our end that I apologized for and tried to make good on several times.
The attitude given by the gentleman was harsh and disagreeable to anything I offered. So I left it alone.

This is a small family buisness and not a big touristy place, the cabin was occupied by a guest of my brothers and I didn't have prior knowledge.
Again, my apologies for the mixup and my offer for a free stay still stands. You were supposed to be booked for just 1 night and I offer a free night in return.
Since you all were supposed to be in Miami anyway, this was a fair offer or so it seemed.

Reviewed March 11, 2017

We have been in 2011 already on tour with John, a one-hour-ride and it was marvellous. Now in 2017 we came back Florida to visit our friends - and of course to enjoy some new attractions and to visit Mack's Fishcamp again. In 2011 we dropped by by chance (first looking for another airboat offer which we saw in the ad's but missed it due to GPS failure. Saw the sign at the road from Mack's fishcamp and dropped by and had been overwhelmed - such a great service! So we decided with our next visit in FL to step by again - and it was great again. Our driver in 2017 was Marshall, in 2011 served us John - and both guys were great!
For both times - it was a great ride, lot of information about the Glades, the plants, the animals, we saw a lot! Also visited a hidden island, got a lot from history and present. Both drivers convinced with a warm and friendly attitude, with humour, and looking for our needs.
Yep, I am sure that we will meet again the next time!
It's a great adventure for private and business, in a wonderful landscape, with professional guides, with a familiar touch!
Best regards from Switzerland!
Barbara, Jürg, Werner.

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank BarbaraAesch
Reviewed February 26, 2017

Today we've made an airboat tour. It was such a great experience with Marshall.
You'll apreciated the knowledge of Marshall, the beautiful landscape.
Sometimes you meet people you will not forget.
This tour will be the best memory of this holidays.

1  Thank mojitoMartillac
Reviewed February 22, 2017 via mobile

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!! When in South Florida this is the thing to do! Experience the Florida Everglades first hand with people that have grown up through generations of South Florida Everglades . An experience I will never forget! There is nothing like cruising through the beauty of the Everglades on an authentic Airboat. It's like going back in time! Thanks Marshall for showing us a true tour of the Everglades teaching and seeing wildlife and bringing authentic history to life. I can't wait to do it again!

Reviewed February 21, 2017

We arrived in the late afternoon in the Camp . We reached the real Everglades and the real nature . Our Guide Marshall took us on the Boat and we made a extra ordinary Trip . We met the alligators Babys and adults. The Impressions were beautiful . The fascinating thing was the sundowner. Marshall stopped the boat and we rested for a couple of minutes. It was great!,,, super event remarcable !thank you for all . Kerstin,Ingrid , Rolf and Dieter from Germany. 21.fbr. 2017