“A Must See if You Live in South Florida or Have Time on Vacation”

Mack's Fish Camp - Tours
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Hialeah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Everglades Airboat Tours, Private Airboat Tours, Thrill Rides, Bass Fishing, Guide Service, Cabins, Alligator, Wildlife, 5 Generation Gladesmen Family Business in the Everglades.
Reviewed August 28, 2016

I've been visiting Mack's since the 1980s. The dirt road it's on used to go to the old Miami VOR which is no longer in service. There are cabins that are very nice for a night in the everglades. The people that live in the community are very helpful and know what they are doing. Your kids will get to see all sort of wildlife in their natural habitat, and the owner is a real Crocodile Dundee - actually more impressive.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"gators"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

It has been a several years since I got to connect to nature in the Everglades and Big Cypress with my father, Skeet Johns. I didn't grow up full time here, but when I was here, Skeet always made the Everglades "home" for me and I haven't been able to enjoy the same without Skeet, and I did not think I would ever be able shake the homesickness.

Saturday, August 6, after 11 years, I FINALLY got to connect to the place I love the most again.
The airboat tour with Marshal and the relaxing afternoon on the water and 'Glades was like coming HOME.

Marshal and his family at Mack's Fishing Camp went above and beyond to make this day special and a memory that will one of my favorites of all time. Marshal truly loves the Everglades, it is a part of him, like It was a part of Skeet. He shares this with you as he takes you through different parts of the River of Grass. I wish we had had more time to listen and learn more from his knowledge about the ecology and history of the land.

This undoubtedly, was one of the best days of my life. Spending the day with my brother Danny and his wife Shannon and their children, my mom and celebrating my daughters 13th birthday. Marshal even taught her how to pilot the airboat!
This was the first time my daughter Kara got to visit the Everglades and I was worried the "Houston city girl" would not like it.
It warmed my heart that she fell in love with the Everglades, the archeology, biology and all the other things I have held close to my heart.... and I give that credit to Marshal and his family at Mack's Fishing Camp. I cannot express how much how much I thank you for sharing with us, sharing a great day with family, friends, making my daughter's 13th birthday awesome!!

Marshall J, Owner at Mack's Fish Camp - Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2016

It was truly a pleasure to meet you as well. Your family has a home away from home anytime. Mother nature was with us the whole day for sure and I hope to see you all again "reel" soon.
P.S. Your father, Skeet was an inspiration to myself and so many countless others. He truly was one of the best people I have ever known.

Reviewed July 11, 2016

Uncredible experience with Marshall and his sweet family. It's so worth it if you want to share an amazing moment with nice people. I will go back to visit them!!!

Thank you for the kind review. It is because of people like you that we truly enjoy all that we do.

Reviewed June 29, 2016

Gladesmen culture on display, exciting airboat rides, wildlife viewing (big gators, exotic birds), fishing, nature appreciation, snacks and cold drinks.

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your input and compliments.