“Experience the River of Grass”

Mack's Fish Camp - Tours
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Hialeah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Everglades Airboat Tours, Private Airboat Tours, Thrill Rides, Bass Fishing, Guide Service, Cabins, Alligator, Wildlife, 5 Generation Gladesmen Family Business in the Everglades.
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is by far the BEST way to experience real Florida -- Marshall is extremely knowledgeable about local history, flora, fauna, the everglades restoration project, you name it... He's an amazing airboat captain and fishing guide, too. We went on an airboat bass fishing trip, and our first cast at the "Glory Hole" landed a nice sized bass... the day just got better and better from there.

I've lived in Florida for over 30 years and am kicking myself that it took this long to find Mack's Fish Camp.. I would highly recommend booking a private airboat tour. Don't waste your money at a tourist trap -- experience real Florida with real gladesmen! Mack's Fish Camp is close in proximity to Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, yet it's a world away. We'll definitely be back.

All reviews
"a lot of fun"
"marshall"
in 52 reviews

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We took a guided bass fishing trip with Marshall on his airboat and it was phenomenal! Each of us caught at least five bass and had a blast out in the Everglades. Marshall is a true master of his craft and a delightful tour guide/fishing instructor. He was full of interesting information and really tried to make our trip the best it possibly could be. We saw tons of alligators, rare wetland birds, and visited a beautiful everglades tree island. I highly recommend taking an airboat trip out at Mack's Fish Camp to everyone. If you want to see the real everglades with a true gladesmen, Mack's is the place to be! Everyone at Mack's is so friendly, an example of true southern hospitality! Our trip was worth every penny. Don't waste your time and money at those big tourist-trap airboat companies (we tried one on our last trip and it was underwhelming to say the least). An airboat ride at Mack's is the best value for your dollar around! We all can't wait to come back and bring more of our friends! Thank you so much Marshall and Nicole for making our trip an adventure we will never forget.

1  Thank S D
Reviewed October 29, 2013

After almost telling my sister I couldn't make it due to not knowing what to expect, I am very thankful that I did go to Mack's Fish Camp. Had such a fun time at the unique camp site, to include meeting the Gator that lives under their dock. Is now a very awesome memorable moment for us all.

Marshall and Nicole made us feel like part of their extended family. Marshall gave us the airboat ride, and shared some cool stories while out on the water, we swam at a beautiful part of the Everglades, visited an island in the middle of nowhere, and had a blast hanging out on the camp grounds. Nicole showed us the video pilot for the Reality TV Show that was recorded there. Was very cool, and hope it gets picked up.

We were just there for a few hours, and it was very memorable. I highly recommend making the trip to see a world that is hard to believe still exists. You won't be able to have a memorable experience like this anywhere else.

Marshall J, Owner at Mack's Fish Camp - Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for the kind remarks. That is exactly what sets Mack's Fish Camp apart and ahead !!
What a pleasure it was to meet you all and spend a great afternoon airboating in the everglades together. God bless.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My Husband and I took our Granddaughters to this Mack's Fish Camp, for my Birthday. The staff was, extremely, delightful and all were mannered very well. We stayed in a very nice COLD cabin, enough to accommodate over a dozen people, comfortabley. The refrigerator and coffee machine came in VERY useful. We, definitely, plan on visiting this Mack's Fish Camp, again, soon. It was just too much fun. Getting away from the hustle and bustle of daily RUSH life, was so soothing. Thank You,,,,, to the Jones Family.

1  Thank saladbar59
See more reviews
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I did an extensive search to locate a fishing guide service for my son and I to catch some fish and provide my son an introduction to largemouth bass fishing. Well, I definitely found it! From the initial emails and phone calls, Marshall and Nicole were very friendly and always looking for ways to make our experience the best possible.
The weather, tropical storm in the Gulf, made it a bit more difficult, but Marshall closely monitored the situation and selected the best times to have us out there. Our first day we were on the bass boat and fishing the canal, we caught several largemouths, but the great experience was the Peacock Bass we caught, a first for both of us. The second day we had a great trip in the airboat out into the Everglades and did some serious fishing and catching of nice size largemouths. Marshall took the time to work with my son on his technique and assisted him (and me) whenever needed.
I would highly recommend Mack's Fishing Camp, with Marshall, as a great place for a fishing trip and they also provide airboat tours.....a true Gladesmen experience.

1  Thank ThefourMacs

It is days like these which keep me fresh and remind me just how awesome it is to meet new people from all walks of life and make memories to last a lifetime!