“Don't trust the good reviews,Don't go here!!!”
Review of A1 Value Inn

A1 Value Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hernando
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Sometimes I read reviews about people who go to a motel, and find it so disgusting that they left and went to another place for the night. When I read these reviews, I think these people are snobs, used to too much luxury.
However, after being at this property for about 15 minutes, I understand where they are coming from.
We booked this place through priceline for about $50, pretty expensive for a 1-star motel, but it was the cheapest in the area. When we arrived there very late, we should've known something was wrong, as there was not a single car parked in front of the motel. When I wanted to check in, a woman who looked like a homeless person got out of one of the motel rooms in her pyjamas and proceeded to check me in. She then went to show me the room, after trying out about 20 keys on the big keychain before she found the right key for our room. We unpacked our car and got into the room.
The toilet was completely brown, but we figured that's alright; it's just old and we only have to spend a couple of hours sleeping here. Then came the insects, first it was woodlouses, which seemed to be everywhere. Then came the sheets, which looked like they hadn't been washed in the 21st century, after being underwater in the swamp for the complete 20th century. Then finally, after we decided we would still try to sleep here, we saw a cockroach. This made us decide we would not sleep here after all.

In conclusion, do not trust the last couple of reviews here, I can assure you: the place has not come under new management, the rooms were not clean,the beds are not "very cozy", I would not recommend it to my friends or family (or even enemies). I've been on a road trip around the US for 5 months, spending a night in about 100 different motels, and this is the only one I've had to leave.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eline t
There are newer reviews for A1 Value Inn

Reviewed September 25, 2012

my friends and i visited florida from st.louis back just a few weeks ago and i have to say that the place was very cleaned up the rooms were clean, the beds were very cozy and comfortable rooms we were made to fill right at home ....we were informed its under new management and they were working hard to make it a much better place but in my opinion it was a great place to stay the staff was very friendly and when i needed something they were quick to respond to help me out i will be back there for spring break and will stay with them again thanks for everything

Room Tip: this place was a great place to stay out of this hotel and citrus hill i will no doubt pick this one...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2012

come to florida on family vacation and stayed here kids had a great time loved the pool and fact that it is located across the rd from a lake and like 30 mins down rd from the beech the staff was very friendly and helpful the beds were very cozy best rest i had in a long time rooms were clean and prices were great lowest price i found in the area at night it was very quite and peaceful plus they are pet friendly i would with out a doubt recommend this place to my friends and family and when i go back next year ill be staying at value inn of hernando go check them out yourself im sure you wont be disappointed they also are just right next door to a gas station on either side and a couple places to get hot food so great location all the way around

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at A1 Value Inn in Sept. The rooms are clean the staff is nice. I understand that they are doing some renovations but the rooms were still clean and comfortable. I will be staying on my next trip to florida thanks so much for the great room hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We had friends that came down from North Carolina to spend the weekend and CELEBRATE there parents 50th Anniversary..and as soon as they turned the light on, was very nasty not clean..bugs crawling all over the bed and floor. They found this motel through Hotel.com. rating it as a good place..the pictures that they show on the REVIEW are not true..this is all phoney..because we have been there and checked it out after they was there..the pool is filthy, the rooms were dirty and the one room that we checked out had a reg. screwdriver in the door for a hinge holder, I would not even want my worst enemy stay at this place..and the desk clerk is not very nice..she told us that she did not need this job because she had a 4 bedroom house..well if you look at the way she dress's and her mouth is not very nice especially for a business..Our friends had there 2 children with them and when we asked for our money back ..she started yelling at us and was not very pleasant..We do not recommend anyone to stay at this place, Please pick somewhere else to stay ..we are sorry that our friends chose this place..NOT GOOD

Room Tip: Place not clean and desk clerk is very nasty
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Karen P
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I went with my crew to install fiber optics
In hommasasa florida and they gave the best rate and great service

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Stayed at this Inn after arriving late at night with few options available. No one in office till the phone rang and the "desk clerk" came out of the back to answer the phone and started arguing with whoever was on the line. I was not acknowledged until the argument ceased. After checkin info was completed, "desk clerk" told me cash was prefered over credit cards. I thought that was odd but paid in cash. My room was indescribably FILTHY. The exterior door had been repaired with a lockset plate from having been forced at one time and there were signs on the new plate that it had been tampered with again. The sheets had not been changed, the overhead light was about a 1000 watt halogen that hurt the eyes. Overhead fan worked but the blades were all cockeyed. The floor was sticky. The bathroon sink faucet shot water over and out of the sink soaking my trousers the first time I tried to use it. The shower controls has big holes around them and I could look right into the wall. The bathroom window had glass louvered window panes of which half were missing and the screen had been punched in from outside.The storage cabinets had broken hinges & hardware. The next morning I noticed that one of the chair pillows had big quarter sized dried blood droplets on the back of the pillow. During the night I heard doors constantly opening an closing. I wanted to leave but it was late at night and I had not idea where I could find another room. My advice to anyone considering staying at the Value Inn- sleep outside under the stars.

Room Tip: Stay at the Citrus Lodge instead.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank James C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hernando
Quality Inn Conference Center Citrus Hills
Dinner Bell Motel
Dinner Bell Motel
#2 of 3 in Dunnellon
Comfort Suites near Rainbow Springs

Been to A1 Value Inn? Share your experiences!