“Just OK food with OK service.”

Angelo's Pizzeria and Ristorante
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in Hernando
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Angelo Rizzolo and his family have been making fantastic Italian food in Citrus Hill and Inverness for many years. Over the years we have built a great relationship and have made many friends. What makes Angelo's different is our New York style passion for creating consistently delicious classics and inventing new ways to enjoy the flavors of Italy. Our business is about great food and even better service. So if we've done something that was wonderful, please tell a friend. But if we've done anything that was less than fantastic, please tell us so we can make it right and improve. And I give you my personal guarantee that if the food and service are not excellent, I will do everything in my power to make it right. Thanks for stopping in today. We hope to serve you again and again!
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I took my family to Angelo's 2 for dinner. I don't live in the area so this was my first visit. My son ordered bread rolls with marinara sauce for an appetizer. They were OK. We all ordered from the Early Bird menu because the dinners included soup or salad and dessert. my son and I ordered the french onion soup and we were told a few minutes later that they were out of french onion soup. So we took the salad which was a disappointment. The salad was a very small plate with a few pieces of lettuce and spinach and a couple of small slices of tomatoe and maybe a slice of cucumber. It was nothing special to say the least. It was certainly not comparable to oinion soup. I had spagetti with a meat ball and a sausage. Another reviewer wrote they use the same sauce on everything. This must be true because the sauce with the appetizer was the same as the sauce on my spagetti dinner. The meatball and sausage were good but not great. The meatball was hard pressed ground beef as if it had been frozen. It was certainly not fresh made. The sausage was OK but it had a skin on it that I didn't care for. After finishing dinner we were prepared to order the dessert. The Early Bird menu listed tirimisu and canolies. However when we ordered the waitress stated that these choices required an extra $2 each which I didn't remember from reading the menu. We paid the extra and my tirimisu was very good. My son also enjoyed the canolie. My wife had the chocolate cheescake and she thought it was very good. All in all it was an OK experience. The room was a little noisey. The waitress did a good job considering she was extremely busy and did not have time to give each table appropriate attention. She was obviously overloaded with too many tables and it wasn't because she wasn't trying. She was very efficient with her time and she was very pleasant in her manner. If I go there again I would not order from the Early Bird menu and would try something from the standard menu to see if there is a difference.

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

We came in 20 minutes before closing time. Waitress was in a hurry to get all order, like she was trying to get rid of us.
I ordered French onion soup as an appetizer. My wife ordered pizza and received her pizza before I received my French onion soup.

ALL OF OUR FOOD WAS VERY VERY VERY GOOD LOVE THE HOMEMADE BLUE CHEESE DRESSING.
Just a shame the service sucked.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Angelos Pizzeria 2 is a family owned, popular with the locals restaurant that serves pizza, salads and a variety of sandwiches at lunch time. Service is friendly and good and sandwiches, especially the pressed Panini and wrap types are very good.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

My spouse had the pizza, which is supposed to be the best south of Chicago, or something like that. It was good, but did not taste different from the usual pizza to me. I had the penne pasta with vegetables, which I thought was excellent. If only they served whole wheat pizza, would've been the best ever.
The choices in the area are quite limited; this is likely the best one.
Get their early to eat as it fills up fast (by 5!). We arrived at 4:30, which was none too early.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Loved the garlic bread and the grilled chicken sub. Delivery was quick. The staff was very courteous.