“It's convenient and it can be good”

Angelo's Pizzeria and Ristorante
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Hernando
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Angelo Rizzolo and his family have been making fantastic Italian food in Citrus Hill and Inverness for many years. Over the years we have built a great relationship and have made many friends. What makes Angelo's different is our New York style passion for creating consistently delicious classics and inventing new ways to enjoy the flavors of Italy. Our business is about great food and even better service. So if we've done something that was wonderful, please tell a friend. But if we've done anything that was less than fantastic, please tell us so we can make it right and improve. And I give you my personal guarantee that if the food and service are not excellent, I will do everything in my power to make it right. Thanks for stopping in today. We hope to serve you again and again!
Reviewed October 30, 2012

When Angelo's first opened in Hernando, we were excited to have good quality Italian food so close to home. We probably only went every few months or so... but the past few visits, the food has been hit or miss.
Reading the other reviews, I don't find it having a large selection of menu items... even though the menu appears long. And there's a shortage of lighter, healthier items. I find it interesting that a meatball parmigiana sandwich is listed under light items. Really?
During our last meal, I had eggplant parmigiana which was very fresh and very tasty. But what struck me is that the rolls that are put on the table are the type of rolls that you buy frozen in the grocery store and just throw in the oven. I would expect fresh homemade Italian bread from a pizzeria that makes its own crust. Those rolls are a big disappointment. Then, my companion ordered the "light" meatball parmigiana sandwich... and rather than coming on some yummy Italian bread, it came on what appeared to be a packaged hoagie roll. I don't eat meatballs but my companion commented that they were too meaty, on the dry side. He'd eat at Angelo's again, but he would not order that sandwich - or meatballs again. He'd probably go for the eggplant parmigiana.

There are newer reviews for Angelo's Pizzeria and Ristorante

Reviewed August 8, 2012

First when you call they put you onhold without even saying hello have to call back cause they forget about you. pizza if you get it the way you order it is good never hot though they tell you 30 minutes but I think it must sit around for a bit will not go back

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We go to Angelo's once or twice a week. There is a lot of variety on the menu, and the service is great. Servings are large and everything is delicious. Our favorite is the white pizza with spinach and grilled chicken. Mike is the best server there!

Reviewed May 13, 2012

If you're in Citrus County and have been wondering what good NY Italian food tastes like. Look no further. I remeber when the owner first opened his restaurant in Inverness. He had then expanded to hernando. The food is incomparable to anything besides what I remember from NYC restaurants. The BEST Italian food ever in this county.
If going to dinner on weekends please make a reservation as the lines are very long. I guarantee you will never have such delicious italian food anywhere in this county. Angelos shines so far above the rest in at least 4 counties. Well worth the trip from anywhere. If I had to move from Citrus County I would drive hours to get to this place. Come out and see. You will NOT be disappointed.

Reviewed April 13, 2012