“Surprise on the road”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: phone 352-481-3305, no website
Description: phone 352-481-3305, no website
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I followed my gps instead of my map on a drive from Ocala to Atlantic Beach, FL and found a great place for lunch. Instead of fast food places, we opted to take a chance on a small restaurant that seemed to suddenly appear before us once we started talking about lunch.

Both of us opted for the pork sandwich but my daughter added fries with her meal. She's raved about those fries and how large the serving was since we've returned home...always a good sign. I expected pulled pork (my usually places serve it that way) so the sliced meat surprised me a little. It was so good I hated to come to the end of it! The sauce was very good so I took the time to savor that part of the meal.

The staff was very friendly and helpful when I asked about the rest of my drive and how long it would really take (forget that gps time) and she nailed it exactly.

Dianne's is a great place and I would definitely stop there again if I was in the area.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I went to Dianes hungry for good BBQ and got it
I had the pulled pork sandwich (is there anything better to eat than this in any BBQ place
.no). Delightful and juicy. My sister had the ribs (yum). Fries were not great but who caref? I'd rather have the calories come from good BBQ any day. Plus a nice view of a lake to top it all off
Friendly service as well.

2  Thank teachrwoman
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Bbq was great. Big servings and very fresh. Steaming hot mashed potatoes with gravy. Would have been nice to have wine or beer other than Bud.

1  Thank Gary-Cherri W
Reviewed February 22, 2012

For those local to the Southeast, everyone is familiar with Sonny's BBQ. Well this place used to be a Sonny's BBQ and it was owned by Sonny's daughter, Diane. Well she decided to buy out of his franchise and make it her own place. Sonny's has long changed their menu and the quality of their bbq - while Diane's has kept the old school bbq feel and quality of food that makes you feel at home. No visit to Diane's isn't complete without having a big slice of Coconut Cake! It's located on a little lake, so it's nice to sit by the window with the view of the lake or go out and sit on the tables right next to the water. It's off the beaten path and we live about 30+ miles away ... and won't hesitate to make a special trip to this restaurant for some amazing bbq!

Reviewed February 22, 2012