“Great Place” 4 of 5 stars

Knights Inn Hallandale
Tracy, California
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Knights Inn. From the minute we check in, the service was great. The unit was clean and everything worked properly. The beds were comfortable. We loved the whole experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank leslieg2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bathurst, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Don't be fooled by the pictures... The first room we rented was dirty. In the cupboard there was 2 cups, one broken in two and the other one the handle was broken. There was a cup in the microwave with scald milk in it.¨(don't know how long it was there.) The bed was very squeeky, everytime we moved we woke up the other couple that was with us.Next morning we went for breakfast and there was something in the cereal.They put us in another room but when we started to look around it was more filty than the other one.The oven was very very dirty,and the stove fan was discusting.The outlets on the walls didn't worked so we had no T.V.
Off course the lamps didn't work also.But the best part of it is that we had fleas crawling on the walls. We had rented for 5 days but we only slept one night. This is the worst we ever seen since we have been traveling...So be careful.....

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Odilla B
Richmond, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Don't expect much if you stay at the Knights Inn Diplomat. The water went hot/cold hot/cold during the entire shower. The bathroom had a strange strong smell but it looked clean. The room had a large fridge and a huge walk in closet and the king size bed was comfortable. You must carry your computer to the front lobby and the desk clerk will enter the password for the wireless connection. THEN you have to stay in the lobby while using the wireless because there was no service in the room. I asked the desk clerk if it was just my room without service and he said that it was most rooms had no wireless. The one thing going for this place is the location which is great! I only stayed here because I could not get a room for one night at the great place I usually stay in Hollywood. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Haymaress
Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Do not stay here! You will regret it! Very nasty. Rude employees. Dirty Rooms. The only thing nice about this hotel is its location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank FTL777
Lake Mary, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Simply Terrible. It’s a defunct Knights Inn that still has the big sign outside but "Mar Bay Hotel" is on the front door with stick on letters. Totally deceptive advertising. The room is old and worn out and I feel taken. Now, I’m not a prude, but I expected more. The room is dark and dingy. It’s dirty and depressing. It is certainly a slum dive that should be designated as a shelter for the homeless. It’s a shame that people can be taken like this. I feel really stupid and I should have known better. Oh well. We live and learn, I hope.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank goingcoastal1
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

horrible customer service, they charged me an extra day and when a call them to get my money back they was really rude and didn't make me a refund. wifi signal is verry low, you have to go outside

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank bob195
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

I recently returned from a nine day vacation in Hallandale Beach FL and stayed at the Mar Bay Hotel. I rented directly from a realtor and found her on Craigslist South FL. My stay was very enjoyable and I have no real complaints. The hotel is all about location. Only three blocks from the beach, this is a healthy walk across a drawbridge and to the beach and a public park. The best part of the location is the large shopping centers on both sides of the Hallandale Beach Blvd. There are three grocery stores in the plazas. A easy walk to Winn Dixie, Walmart and Publix is across the street on the other side. Plenty of fast food too. I stayed in room 2231 which is a condo on the very end and closest to the hotel lobby and cafe. The condo was well decorated and had a most beautiful walk in glass enclosed shower with all tile. No bathtub which was fine with me. There is a small kitchenette and a very nice large wardrobe on the wall that has plenty of room. The bed is queen size and was a bit lumpy, but I slept fine, The best part of this condo was two nice chairs, so I didn't have to watch tv in bed all the time or use a straight back kitchen table chair. This condo is right in front of the gate that leads to the pool and patio. It can be a bit noisy and busy at times, but I got used to it. I had no problems with the front desk and ate at the cafe where a nice lady named Angela serves wonderful food. The Mar Bay is next to a large golf country club. I enjoyed several nice walks along the beautiful sidewalk that runs the length of the country club. The realtor Estela is the best and will make you feel very comfortable.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank bradncharleston
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallandale Beach
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aventura
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aven...
#2 of 5 in Hallandale Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 815 reviews
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.0 of 5 stars 997 reviews
Ramada Hollywood Downtown
Ramada Hollywood Downtown
#26 of 69 in Hollywood
3.5 of 5 stars 910 reviews
Caribbean Resort by the Ocean

Been to Knights Inn Hallandale? Share your experiences!