“Excellent Peruvian food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Lima, Peru
“Excellent Peruvian food”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Peruvian food is the new trend, isn't it? Well, this restaurant has it all. I started as a good Peruvian, with Sopa a la Minuta (meat soup) which was tasty, then had a "Pollo Saltado" (salted chicken) with a very Peruvian flavor, The bomb arrived when we had a huge plate of Cebiche, thanks a lot.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank pattroni

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“The best Peruvian food I've found in Broward County”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I went with some Peruvian friends to eat some old "standby favorites". The ceviche was very good, chicharrones de pescado tender and light, and even the chicha morada drink was authentic. The restaurant is nothing fancy, but homey and the service is good and friendly. On weekends you can also have music with your dinner, an older gentleman singing and playing electric piano....just a little loud for competing with table conversation, but overall a really nice experience. For those that have never tried Peruvian food, the fusion concept goes back hundreds of years, and is really unlike any other South American cuisine. Kudos to Casa Peru'! I'll be back....

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Pierre1999
Seattle, WA
“I fly 3,000 miles just to eat here.”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

It's been a while since the last time I was here, but I have been to this place probably about 8 times! Everytime we come here, we are the only non-Peruvians and you know what that means.

Backgrounder: I used to do work in MIA about a few years ago and this is when me and my coworkers discovered this gem. This is an accidental finding as we were looking for a good place to eat by our hotel in Hollywood and boy, didn't we get lucky!!

The bonus thing is, I have a Peruvian coworker and we would go here like almost every night (when we're in the area). Their ceviche is plentiful, they have tasty saffron dishes, sour soups, and good Inca beer :)

I took my sisters here on my 7th time, and they even ordered food to go to our hotel! I don't think they've ever had Peruvian food. I fly from Seattle just to eat here. Yes, I do think about this a lot of times, even if I have to rent a car to get to this place from the airport. This is the place to go whether you want Peruvian food or just want to try Peruvian food for the first time. You won't get disappointed.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank Rowenn
Miami, Florida
“Great hearty authentic dishes from the land of Inca”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I recommend. You might get some "mira el gringo" looks in this mostly half- empty place, not to mention the mediocre live "popular" music, but thi restaurant offers some of the most honest and satysfying Peruvian food around Hallandale.

1 Thank LudekP
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“excellent ceviche”
Reviewed January 3, 2009

nice clean family place, great food, specially ceviche

1 Thank FamousDaveW