“short stay”

Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura
Atlanta, United States
“short stay”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

had a overnight stay at the best western in hollywood beach fl. besides the construction in the lobby and someone sleeping in the lobby on the couch with a blanket and their bags the hotel staff was professional. the room was nice and comfortable but their were stains on the decorative spread on the bed. there should have a quality check on the rooms before guests are given access to rooms. its the little things that count.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Yvonne Y,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced as far as the cleanliness of the room and the appearance of the lobby area. I am glad that you did like the renovations that were already concluded and enjoyed the upgrades to the rooms. I also want to thank you for complimenting the staff on their professionalism, we really appreciate it. I hope that your past experience does not hinder you from staying with us once again. We hope to see you on your next trip to South Florida!

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Clevedon, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Probably one of the nicest hotels around, recent refurb- décor all new, quality bed and complimentary breakfast, really helpful staff and manager. We had a marvellous time and will definitely use hotel again when we are next in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

rcvanau
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We were in a bind and needed to check-in early to prepare for a job interview. They were able to get us checked-in no less than 4 hours early and we had plenty of time to prepare. They did have some construction underway, but it in no way affected our stay. In fact for our early check-in we had to bother the ladies working in the laundry, because they brought us in the service entrance. I'd say they all did their best to accommodate us. The room was very comfortable and quiet, even though we were on the side of the building facing the interstate. They are located neer an Ihop and a Denny's. Plenty of other fast food in the area and a grocery store very near as well. Right off Interstate 95 with easy access to the North and South Ramps. I just read another review of the hotel mentioning it's proximity to a gentlemens club and that it is not a good area. It is indeed next to the club but as for the area, it seemed perfectly safe to us at all hours. The hotel does in fact have a security guard on duty and we both felt it was unneccesary for the location. Just another added perk for this great hotel. We will absolutely be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank rcvanau
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear rcvanau,

I really appreciate you kind review. It is kind words like yours that motivate us to keep going especially in a time like this where we know how uncomfortable it must be for the guest and we do not have much control over it. It is great to hear that everything went well for you and that you will definitely be back to stay with us. It is also very satisfying to know that you felt safe at all hours because safety truly is one of main concerns. We want all guests to feel as safe as they would at home and know how difficult it is to feel like this in a new area. Once again I just want to thank you for staying with us and hope that your interview went well. We hope to see you soon!

Waterford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The staff was very helpful and the room was nice, but there was much extensive renovation going on in the lobby and hallway leading from it that customers had to walk through. I wondered if they should be open at all or, at least, offer a reduced price due to the appearance and inconvenience. The neighborhood was so so.

Room Tip: The value would be average if not for the condition of the lobby.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear ellen g,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I would like to apologize first for any inconveniences the lobby renovations may have caused for you. At the moment all that is left to finish is the reception area but our lobby is now fully furnished and the new breakfast area is open. You did mention that we should have a reduced price and I just wanted to inform you that the prices we are offering are reduced pricing because of the renovations. Our prices tend to be lower than other hotels in the area, though all rooms are renovated. Once again I apologize if this did not meet your expectations. On a brighter note, it is nice to know that the staff was very kind and that you really liked the service you received. I hope that once all renovations are completed you will come and visit us again.

Lima, Peru
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night only, location is good, next to the highway, next to an Ihop, Burger King, Taco Bell and some other fast food . . close to supermarket, drugstore and department stores, if you drive its quite close to aventura mall and ft lauderdale aiport.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Dear Bossperu,

We really appreciate such kind words! Though you stayed with us for only one night, I am happy to know that you found our location to be beneficial to your needs. I hope that you also enjoyed the renovated rooms, pool and gym. We hope that in the future you choose to stay with us once again.

Colonia
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Next door to a gentlemens club, not in a good area, lobby is under construction, rooms smell like heavy perfume or big spray, I had booked this hotel 2 times and the first time I was on the highway side, I couldn't sleep a wink, the 2nd time I was on the parking lot side, the room still had an odor but the beds were so comfortable! And there was hardly any noise. The pool area is small but really beautiful! The breakfast area was rather nice. The workers are realllllllly nice! And the management is really good! I really like the service team! The hotel is a good value

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jillannefromnj
Dear Jillannefromnj,

Thank you so much for reviewing our property! We really appreciate it. First of all, I would like to apologize for not meeting and exceeding your expectations as far as the rooms and location of our hotel. We understand that our neighbors may make some of guests fell unsafe which is why we provide security throughout the night so that our guests can rest easy. If we could pick our neighbors we surely would, but unfortunately, we have to make the best out of the situation and do everything that is necessary for our guests' safety. However, I am glad that your second stay was improved by moving to the parking lot and that you found the beds very comfortable. I also want to thank you for complimenting our staff on the great service they provided for you. Though our location will not change, I hope that all the renovations and our friendly staff will be more than enough to have you visit us again. We hope to see you soon!

williamsburg
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I do not like to complain because I know the feeling of when somebody complains since I also work at a best western, but this hotel was on the borderline of ridiculous. When I had made a reservation with this hotel, I was aware of the debit card situation. I called the hotel to advise them that I was going to pay with gift cards. Ms. Francis said that it would be okay that she would authorize my card just for one night. When I got to the hotel Ms. Francis had actually charged my card for the full night stays. The clerk did refund the money and added my gift cards to the reservation, but she refunded it to the wrong card. When I talked to Ms. Francis the next morning she advised that she didn't have time to look at it, and that she would have the manager look at it. When I came back to check after my third attempt there were two young ladies at the desk. I had asked them if the manager had looked at my account and they said no but they did check on it. The clerk with the glasses came to me to let me know that everything was reserved on my debit card, but they refunded the charged amount from yesterday to my credit card. When I had asked her if she could take it off and refund my the right card she told me no. I offered to help her (since we have visual matrix at my property) so that it could be taken care of and she gave me a couple of excuses why she couldn't refund the right card. Finally she just told me to speak to your accountant. At this point I just had to walk away and told myself not to worry about it. Not to mention that the previous night I was put into a room where the tub had some type of yellow and black stains. I mean who would want to take a shower in a bathtub like that? On Friday I had a separate reservation to check into and I told Damion that I wanted to use the rest of my gift cards and then charge my card directly for the remainder. Since he didn't know how to do it, I had to physically go behind the desk and show him how to do it. Not to mention he was on the phone with the manager and when I came to show him he told the manager "Oh never mind the guest knows how to do it" Wow!! Also at 3am in the morning somebody decided to knock on my room door and then again at 8am. Never the less Thursday night I had ants in my bed. I did have my sheets change and on Saturday morning I still had a little bit of ants show up every now and then. I would like to compliment Damion and you new trainee that you had working because they seemed like they actually cared with everything that was going on, and they were willing to go out of their way to help. I would love to have them as employees here in Williamsburg. As well as the location was way beyond perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Alexis W
Dear Alexis W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We understand that at times it may be difficult to find the time to do so but appreciate your critique. I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered as far as the charge on the credit card being refunded on the wrong card as it was our mistake. I have also gone ahead and trained all of our agents on how to properly process a travel card so that the issue you encountered does not occur again. However, I would like to make you aware that you were not given an excuse when the agent with the glasses told you the charge could not be voided. It is indeed true that a charge made the previous day can no longer be voided which was explained to you during that time. The only way to refund the correct credit card would be to remove the money that was already refunded by charging it again and returning the money to the correct one. I am sorry if your Visual Matrix works differently according to the settings your manager has set in but in ours any credit card transaction made the day before cannot be voided therefore, the front desk agent was neither lying or making excuses. It was the simple truth. Also, had she allowed for you to go behind the desk and assist like you wanted to it would have had serious consequences for her because it is a breach of security. In the case of Damion, he was suspended for two weeks from the job for allowing anyone else other than employees behind the front desk. I understand that this is not your fault but I would like for you to keep this in mind for next time seeing as it could jeopardize someone's job. We always have people on call that can help any front desk agent with anything they might not be sure with, in which case there was no need for you to go into an employees only area. Lastly, our rooms are treated every day for any insect or critter that might want to sneak into the room, therefore there could not have been any ants in the room. Once again, I do apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallandale Beach
#3 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Beachwalk Resort
Beachwalk Resort
#4 of 6 in Hallandale Beach

Been to Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura? Share your experiences!