“great location and value”

Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura
Calgary, Canada
“great location and value”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

very good location and value of area. I like my stay even it is in renovation but it is clean and comfortable, furnitured well and nice service, especially its breakfast. There is a table , floor light and table light nearby, and a couch nearby which is makes up a little business corner in Kingbed room. And, it is equipped with microwave and fridge in the room. Very comfortable, even if there is a little smell from inovation, belive it will gone once finished. Nice place to stay.

Joanna Wang

Room Tip: tiny business corner in room and microwave and fridge in room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear JoannaWang4song,

Thank you very much for writing a review. It is wonderful to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay and that you felt very comfortable in our hotel. We really strive for guests to feel as if our hotel is a second home for them and train all of our staff to make guests feel as welcome as possible. I am glad that you were able to have such experience during your stay. I hope that on your next visit all renovations will be completed. We look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I liked my stay, even though it's being renovated! The only issue I had was I forgot to ask for disabled room, since bathroom was not ready for me, a disabled USMC veteran. I felt it was a great value for the location next to I-95 and near major city areas like ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood/Hallandale! The breakfast was great and staff was very helpful and attentive to my needs! Recommended for others!
usmcbobj@att.net if you wish to ask me a question. Damion was helpful.

• Stayed April 2014
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Bob J,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Best Western Hollywood/Aventura. I am elated to hear that your stay was wonderful and exceeded your expectations. For your next visit you can always give us a call ahead of time and we can assign you a disabled room or we can even change it on the day of your arrival if the rooms are available, whichever is more convenient for you. Thank you for serving our country and we hope to see you again soon!

Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This motel has almost completed its renovations and is well on its way to being a great place to stay. I have stayed here several times and the staff is friendly and helpful and my room and bath have always been spotless. I love the decor and color scheme but more important, I enjoy having both a fridge and microwave in the room and a comfortable chair to relax in. The pool is small but inviting with a waterfall at one end and is handicap accessible. The breakfast is varied and plentiful. My only complaint is the lack of dairy half and half or cream for the coffee. Even with that, I expect to return here whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Chicago442014,

We really appreciate you taking the time to write such kind words about our property. We are happy knowing that you truly enjoyed your stay and will return on your next visit. It is always very rewarding for both my staff and myself when our guests have a wonderful experience. I have passed down your concern regarding the breakfast options to our management. We want to make sure every guest feels welcome and your suggestions only improve our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for being a loyal guest to Best Western Hollywood/Aventura!

Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. The room was nice and clean. The best part of our experience was the inclusive breakfast. Paulina was great in greeting us and had a great breakfast spread with hot coffee, eggs, sausage and all kinds of muffins. She keeps a very clean cafeteria and kept up with all the guest. The front staff does need some training on customer service. Every time we would come into the hotel they would not greet us especially at night. Any one not staying there could just walk in if they are not acknowledge. Some times they were don the phone and would not acknowledge you standing there. Besides some training for the front desk staff the hotel was nice.

Room Tip: Make sure is non-smoking and away from the busy I-95 highway
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Frank R,

I really appreciate your kind words and your critique towards our property. Thank you for for being so honest and for taking the time to review the property. I will be happy to congratulate Paulina on such great work! I am also glad that you found our rooms comfortable and to your liking. As for the front desk, I want to apologize for not meeting your customer service expectations. A team was brought in in order to retrain all of our on customer service so that we can provide a better experience for our guests. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to redeem our name.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stayed here for a business trip. The front staff were very unprofessional, just didn't have simple etiquette you come to expect from hotel staff.

The rooms has this nasty musty smell, causing all of my clothes to get this horrendous smell and dampness.

Ordered a wake up call each day, never happened once.

There is a strip club immediately across the street....coincidence that there were many sketchy people asking for rooms and paying cash at al hours?

Breakfast served, it was fine, but no hotel bar or restaurant.

Would not return, just gross....especially if you have kids...pay a little more and go elsewhere. Feel nasty even talking about this place!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Djgoldma
bestwesternHallndale, Admisnitrative Assistant at Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Djgoldma,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review. I apologize that you did not feel as our hotel met your expectations. We really do strive to provide the best service for our guests and am dissappointed in my staff for letting you down. We have gone ahead and provided the staff with extra customer service training so that this incidence does not repeat. The same has been done with the housekeeping staff so that all our remains always smell clean and fresh. As for the gentlemen's club next door, unfortunately we cannot do much as we cannot choose our neighbors. I am sorry that you had to go through such a disappointing experience. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Mareuil-Sur-Lay-Dissais, France
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We were welcomed by a very friendly and helpfull staff at reception. I forgot my toothpaste and they gave me some.
They are remodelling the hotel but we were given 2 new rooms. Very spacious and comfortable. Great beds.
Breakfast was also good. They even offered eggs and meatpatties.
Good location!
Would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear trails60,

We really appreciate your kind review. Thank you for taking a few minutes of your time to review our porperty. I am glad that the ongoing renovations did not hinder your stay in any way, and I'll make sure to congratulate the front desk staff on such great work. I am also happy to hear that your stay was very comfortable. We will be happily waiting for your next visit!
Best rregards,
Beachwood
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Very nice breakfast. Paulina is there every day and always working to supervise as well as helping out. I cannot believe how much she does to make every guest welcome as well as meet their needs! Thank you. Remodeling of lobby still in progress.

Room Tip: Right next to I 95. If road noise bothers you request room on the opposite side
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Martin S,

Thank you for taking the time to review Best Western Hollywood/Aventura. I am glad to hear that your stay went well and that you really enjoyed your breakfast. I will go ahead and congratulate Paulina on what a great job she is doing and to keep up the good work. I hope that you will consider staying with us once again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallandale Beach
#3 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
Marenas Beach Resort
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura? Share your experiences!