I stayed here last year and listed several negative issues. Management responded to my prior review saying that they were correcting the problems, yet while staying here again one year later, I found many of the same issues remain.
Negatives; Musty, moldy carpeting; I-95 traffic noise. TV cable signal is the old fuzzy analog quality, not HD. Worn bed sheets. Slow WiFi (from 5th floor).
The mold problem in my room was bad and triggered my allergies, nearly ruining my trip. The carpeting was the main problem. After walking barefoot around my room and then stepping into the bathtub, I noticed the black mold wash off the bottom of my feet. Ugh! Also, mold was growing inside one of the picture frames hanging in my room.
When checking-in, I requested a room facing away from I-95 because of the noise issue, but was told they did not have any available! This problem was magnified by the fact that the window in my room did not shut completely, leaving a slight gap of an opening from which the noise from I-95 was made even worse. When I complained to the front desk, I was told that they were aware of the problem, and that the windows were scheduled to be replaced. Ha! Last year when I had complained about the I-95 noise, management responded that they would "expedite" the replacement of windows with new sound proof ones, but where are they? So don't bother setting the alarm clock, because early morning rush hour traffic will do the job.
Positives: Affordable room rates (for Miami); Easy I-95 access by car; free breakfast; nice furniture (microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker); TV has a HDMI port you can hookup to your laptop (pack a cable) and playback your own videos in HD; Lobby computers with printers; Laundry room ($2 wash/$2 dry)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the award winning BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aventura Hotel, centrally located between Miami to the south and Fort Lauderdale to the north. You're now within a half-hour of some of the finest restaurants, shopping and entertainment experiences that South Florida has to offer. Just minutes east of us lays Gulfstream Park Horse Racing and Casino, the sparkling Atlantic Ocean and miles of pristine beaches! Complimentary parking for all guests but unfortunately, no tractor trailer parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Best Western, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hollywood/Aventura Hotel Hallandale
- Hallandale Best Western
- Best Western Pembroke Park
- Pembroke Park Best Western