“Grat staff”

Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura
Killeen, Texas
“Grat staff”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Friendly Staff, the room stewards were on point with keeping the rooms replenished. Great facilities available for all guest and the complimentary continental breakfast were always fresh, just wished the variety were alternating, but good!

Room Tip: 5th floor was great view!!! of the highway!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank JamaicanByBirth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The staff are kind and helpful, the room and the hotel were very clean.Breakfirst OK. We recommend this hotel. We were staying at this hotel for 15 days and as said before very professional staff. Maybe not the best location, however it was near the 95 so it was easy to take the rental car to places. And plus for free car parking.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sam S
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Actually not a bad place to stay. Always seemed short staffed. Check in time was 4pm...had to wait and didnt get my room until 5:30pm. Room, however, was very nice. Very clean...nice ammenities. The area is very easy for highway access ...however avoid the street headed toward the coast...always backed up no matter what time of day. Breakfast is included...and offered some great selections!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, FL
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel was conveniently located off of the interstate. However, it is across the street from a strip club. There were lurkers parked in the hotel parking lot when I arrived late at night which made me a bit uncomfortable. The hotel staff assured me that the property was safe. After checking in at 1:00 AM, I went to my room and upon entry there was a strong mildew smell. I waited a while to see if the smell would disappear after turning the A/C down a bit. It didn't. The hotel staff later placed me in a different room. The next morning as I was showering I noticed a large unrecognizable bug on the wall in the bathroom on the wall. I killed the bug and continued dressing. As I was looking through my luggage, I saw two additional bugs (roaches) crawling up the wall. I finished dressing and packed my things as I only made reservations for one night. Upon check out, I informed the hotel staff of this and was told that management would be in contact with me. Management offered a 25% discount off my next stay and told me that was all that could be done. I declined the offer as I do not ever intend on staying there again. Furthermore I should have been refunded part of or my entire night's rate. I believe the general manager goes by the name of C.K. I will certainly not refer anyone to this establishment.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank encognito
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My family and I stayed at this Best Western location for 6 nights. I have to say the front desk staff was very nice. There are 2 computers in the lobby for internet use, which is very helpful and accomodating. Breakfast which was included in the price was very good and had a good variety to choose from. Breakfast room staff was very nice. If you don't see soemthing you saw the day before just ask. They have something for everyone's taste buds from cereal, oatmeal, waffles, sausages, eggs, bagels, yogurt etc. I really didn't expect much from the breakfast being that the room rate for 3 people per night was only $99 including tax. Rooms were a decent size and clean. You can tell they have been newly renovated. The hotel has a laudry room with 2 washers and 2 dryers which was very useful. We came back home with no dirty cloths. You can get change from the front desk.

Any amenities you don't find in the bathroom just ask the front desk for example a shower cap which my mom needed. The cleaning manager was so nice, accidenatlly the cleaning ladies took my pillow which I brought from home and she really helped me find it.

The only thing I didn't like was that it you can hear the cars on the highway (Room 507, we had a view from our room) but that didn't keep us up, not at all, we all slept well. Mattress is great. Also, the location is just OK but than again this isn't a resort, This is a type of place you stay at if you are in town for work or other reasons besides a vacation. Some shady people hanging around the place I have to say. The crowd at the hotel is very mixed meaning decent to just OK but mostly decent.

The reason I gave it 4 out of 5 is because the price and overall experience was very good and it was right next to the highway which I needed to take everyday so it was so convenient for us.

Be careful when making the right into the block of the hotel it is very confusing and you can end up on the highway if you don't pay close attention. Make sure you make the 1st right after the gas station on the right.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing Highway 95. It is also easy to miss the right into the block of the hotel...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank doras01
florida
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Good place to saty when in Hallandale Beach Florida. Close to a lot of things to do. Bath rooms are redone over. Great front desk service ( See Faith ). Carpets need to be replaced thru out hotel. We have stayed at this hotel for the 4th of July & Christmas the past few years.

Room Tip: Ask for room on parking lot side and up on higher floors away from elevator.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeff2411
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed June 6, 2012

During the night we stayed at this hotel we hardly slept at all due to the constant noise from the freeway. The hotel does not have easy access from coming off the freeway. The room was clean and had all the amenities that you usually find in Best Western Hotels. The breakfast was fine but seating was hard to find. The staff were not very helpful either. The area around the hotel is quite bland. I am sure there are better hotels nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MORREY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallandale Beach
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Marenas Beach Resort
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura? Share your experiences!