“Trip to Hollywood Florida”

Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western in Hollywood because it had a good location and the price was right. Hotel was clean, but I have yet to see a Best Western any other way. The first room we were in was next to the highway on-ramp. When I called the front desk to see if they could move us- they responded immediately. Very friendly staff. They even called the room later to make sure everything was good. Their in-room internet is free, beds were comfortable and they supplied plenty of in-room coffee. These are things you just don't get everywhere. I like the Best Western for all those things as well as they supply a breakfast- what else do you need when you travel? I will always look for a Best Western to stay in.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that is not next to the highway on ramp.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)

Reviewed February 22, 2012

This room was okay. The room I had was on the 2nd floor at the end, and it had a strange smell to it. I didn't really complain as I hardly was in the room. Beach is 20 min drive. Mall is about 20 min drive. The location was perfect as it was half way between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami .

Room Tip: the breakfast was very nice
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank rjeffery1
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for 1 night for a pre-cruise stay. It was a nice hotel and was clean. It was right off of I-95, so it was quite noisy at times. There was a free breakfast that was overall pretty good. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The room was very nice and the beds were comfortable. However, the location wasn't the best. It was right off the highway and in a bad neighborhood. I walked into the Exxon gas station nearby and they had protective glass to protect the workers behind the counter, which indicates that the crime rates are high there. Other than that, the stay was pretty decent and would recommend for short term stays.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank robertoluvsaz
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Negatives:

1. Constant I-95 traffic noise
2. Construction noise; sawing outside; pipe/hammer banging inside
3. Dusty hallways from renovations being done on my floor.
4. Electrical outlet failure one night from 9PM to 6AM.
5. Refrigerator setting broken; froze drinks, ruined food.
6. Musty room, water stained floor probably due to prior guest leaving sticking refrigerator door open, leaking condensation/water.
7. One morning some homeless looking guy (or drunk from the strip club next door) came in for the free breakfast, harassing some of the guests.
8. Nice big flat screen TV, terrible blurry picture. No HD feed. Even antenna TV now comes in HD!

Positives: Free in-room WI-FI, free breakfast buffet (whether you stay there or not!), nice furniture, clean bed sheets and towels. To escape the construction noise, I discovered that the strip club next door does offer a free lunch special...

4  Thank Jason72
bestwesternHallndale, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your positive and negative feedback. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

We have taken some steps to improve our room standards. Below are some of the actions we took after your review.

1. Constant I-95 traffic noise
• We have expedited the replacement of windows on I-95, but Guest now do have a choice of requesting a room facing the parking lot

2. Construction noise; sawing outside; pipe/hammer banging inside
• All the bathrooms have been remodeled as of March and there is no construction going on at the hotel.

3. Dusty hallways from renovations being done on my floor.
• Hallways have been cleared of any dust after the completion of renovations.

4. Electrical outlet failure one night from 9PM to 6AM.
• We apologize for the failure of the outlet in your room but rest assured all the outlets in the property has been reexamined and certified by our maintenance department.

5. Refrigerator setting broken; froze drinks, ruined food.
• Non Functioning refrigerators have been replaced by new ones as of March, 2012.

• We were unable to find any leak in your room but the all of our rooms are now thoroughly checked twice a day.

• We don’t allow a non-guest to be in our breakfast area for any reason. After reviewing your comments we have extended the hours of our security guard to maintain safety and security for our guests during Morning Breakfast.

• All of our TV’s are Brand New and displays a high quality picture.

I wish I can go back in time and personally take care of all the issues in relation to your stay but by acknowledging and correcting the problems where necessary; I have made sure that our future guests can have a “Wonderful Stay”. I would like to offer you a complimentary night voucher for your next visit as a small gesture in appreciation of your patience in this matter. Please contact our Guest Relations Department at 954-456-8333 to confirm your address and past and future reservation details.

I can promise you as one of our valued customers, your satisfaction is one of our primary concerns. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

My stay was very relaxing!! I will go back!! The room was cozy and the bed was awesome... The workers were very nice and very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights while attending a conference on the beach. The hotel is adjacent to the interstate so the atmosphere is less than ideal, despite what the photos depict. Requested early check-in but the hotel could not accommodate. Ended up accepting a lesser room in order to change clothes and make it to the midafternoon conference start.

Lobby and halls are not bright and when paired with the dark earth tones, looked dingy. The rooms are advertised as refurbished but the furniture shows tlme-worn nicks and dings. It is older property with a fresh coat of paint.

Amenities included flat screen TV, microwave and mini fridge. The microwave turntable was broken but otherwise worked okay. Wireless internet worked okay. Bed was comfortable and we heard no highway noise but we were on the parking lot side of the property.

Woke up the first morning to find the power was out. Called the front desk and the flustered clerk offered to change our rooms. But in the dark at 6am it would have been near impossible to repack and relocate. He then offered a different room for us to shower. When I got to the desk, they located the problem as a tripped breaker. Power restored. Shower had some mold on some of the caulking but hot water and water pressure was good.

Hotel has a small dining area and the usual mix of hotel breakfast foods. I did not eat but wife reports it was "okay."

There is some ongoing room renovation during the day. The better dining opportunities are near the beach and not near the hotel.

Overall it is a good $59 hotel but not worth the $77/night we paid.

Room Tip: Avoid interstate facing rooms
3  Thank Langley
Reviewed January 22, 2012

A good 3* hotel, similar to the Holiday Inn Express concept. Ideally situated, simple and clean with a good and friendly front desk. Stayed a week, location suited my purpose.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the highway because of the noise. Fortunately earplugs are provided.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#9 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura? Share your experiences!