“Night Clerk Issues”

GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Night Clerk Issues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

The hotel in itself is fine. I generally really like Hampton Inn in Georgia and Florida. Went to the FL location for work with several colleagues. We've spent thousands of dollars here this week for rooms and conference room. The day clerk was wonderful, I asked her name and I believe it was Odiessa. The evening clerk however, Lanimar, was a horror. She was so dismissive, she went behind the wall at the front desk almost everytime we approached, and we would have to wait for her to return to even ask what we needed. We had to fly in two more colleagues who arrived at 1am and asked her for a luggage trolly. She told them, "they're all over the place, on different floors and so on, you'll just have to look around." Are you kidding me?! When I asked the morning person, I found out that the rude lady is actually a desk supervisor! Outraged. We've spent more than 10,000 dollars here this week easily and you can't find a luggage trolly? I won't be staying again. It was shocking, and I hate to say this because I actually prefer Hampton Inn, but it goes to show how one person can smudge your reputation. I will throw out there that everyone else was great, and if it wasn't for that one lady I would have rated highest possible. Hampton Inn, if you're reading this, I'm pretty sure about her name, she's a Caucasian woman with glasses that was working in the evenings. Thank you-

Room Tip: you may have a better view if you choose a room on the same side as the walk in lobby, you would hav...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Felicia C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Brunswick, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was a nice hotel. We were down for family reunion and stayed here. Nice amenities. Free WiFi. Good location, it's a across the street from Gulfstream race tract and casinos. Fridge and microwave in the room. Of course, hot breakfast every morning. Unlike some hotels, this one had two waffle makers. One of which was for mini waffles. Perfect for kid sharing! In the lobby, they had free coffee, tea and fruit water (ice water with fruit floating in it that differed day to day with whoever that made it's mood). Also at 7 they offered homemade (?) cookies at the desk. After my son decided that he did not like oatmeal raisin cookies, a very nice girl substituted a pack of oreos at no charge.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Warner Robins, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Visited the Hotel for a Family Reunion and Business and all the accommodations were Great . Clean Rooms, Great Staff, Nice Breakfast and Friendly Host . I will recommend this Hotel To my Friends ,Family and Business Partners

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

washington, dc, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Great hotel, perfect location, wonderful and friendly staff and the rooms are super clean. I would recommend this hotel because of the great service and this is my third time staying at this location and the experience is always consistent.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Trinity, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

As with any of the Hampton Inns we've stayed it, the experience was comfortable and without disappointment. The reservation was made the same day of arrival and we we're still able to get the room we wanted. The staff was helpful and eager to please. While across the street from a major shopping center and dog track (?) it was still a little isolated and if wanted something other than what was in the beverage and snack machines you had some distance to go from the hotel because there was not snack bar to make such a purchase at the hotel. It's the first Hampton Inn I've seen that way. Still, Hampton Inn is a good "Go To" hotel when you have a need of that nature and it's a good quality stay at reasonable costs under any conditions.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Nice room and comfortable beds. Reasonably good breakfast. Comfortable beds and a nice room. Directly across from Gulfstream Park (if that is your cup of tea). Very service oriented staff. Very helpful. I had minor room issues (toilet bowl would fill intermittently and the shower rod needed stabilization). They were (of course) willing to fix these but I declined as nothing was sufficient to require immediate attention and I preferred my room to be let alone. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

This Hampton Inn was lovely. The location was convenient to the beach, shopping, and also dining. Check in and check out were both fast with friendly service. It was nice having beverages readily available 24 hours a day in the lobby. The included breakfast was good enough to get us going for the day. They had a waffle station, juices, cereal, fresh fruit etc.
The room itself was very clean. We had a king room with sofa bed. The room was a bit cramped- especially when the sofa bed was pulled out. Also, the sofa bed was small and right next to(like a few inches away from) the AC unit, so whoever slept there was FREEZING all night. Overall we would choose to stay here again if we're in the area, but we'd try a different room without the sofa bed option.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,442 reviews
Margaritaville Beach Resort

Been to Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura? Share your experiences!