“Unexpectedly wonderful Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura
GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Unexpectedly wonderful Hampton Inn”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Fabulous for a Hampton Inn...I was not expecting something this nice, but wow, I am so impressed. Given that we were staying here for a wedding and and catching as much GOOD sleep as possible was very important, let me just tell you that the beds are amazing! so comfortable! Our room was clean, the continental breakfast was good, and check in/check out was very easy. The internet to print out boarding passes is kind of slow, so be patient, especially if there are two children trying to play candy crush saga and use the internet on each side of you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It is what it is... a bit too pricey for a Hampton Inn... but you are steps from Aventura.... the room feels a bit dated but I heard they hace plans to remodel... overall ok EXCEPT the internet conection is good to check email and not much more... the bandwith is very limited so unable to make video conferencing which is crucial for my business. I stayed at other hotels in the area , Residence Inn, Marriot Courtyard and their Wi-fi was better suited to handle video conferencing.

Room Tip: Bottom floor rooms may face the parking lot !!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just returned from a pleasant 5 night stay at this property and have no complaints.Traveling with my teenagers for a nearby college visit, it totally served our purpose - safe, clean, reasonable, complimentary breakfast, wiifi and parking.

On the Broward/Dade county line, we were easily able to get to Miami on Biscayne Boulevard (South Federal Highway). Bed was very comfortable and sleep quality good. Very close to many restaurants, shopping, Aventura Mall, and about a 20 minute drive to Ft. Lauderdale airport (without traffic). Would recommend to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Canada
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on the glowing TA reviews. The location and exterior appearance are very good. Seems the breakfast and lobby area have been updated but thats where the frills end. I was unable to get a non-smoking room but was assured by the young man at reception that the rooms are hardly ever smoked in and do not smell. It was quite the opposite....smell was horrid and overwhelming. Rooms seemed clean although carpet was stained and lamps needed a good dusting. Furniture was in need of an update, drapes were wrinkled and needed a wash. Bed was miserable...worst hotel bed i have encountered in many years. It may be a bit cheaper than some of the other area hotels but in my opinion overpriced for what it is. We did the complimentary breakfast which was full to capacity and hardly relaxing. Had we been able to tolerate the room odor we would have taken our breakfast there to eat....instead we stood waiting for someone to free up a table. Had I been asked upon checkout how my stay was, I would have told them I was dissatisfied but since staff did not bother to ask, or care, Hallandale Hampton gets a generous 2 stars on Tripadvisor.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Leslie W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay here and we are very sorry that you ran into problems during your stay. We are examining the mattresses to ensure quality and comfort and addressing the undesirable smoke smell in our smoking rooms and additional cleanliness concerns with our housekeepers. I also want to apologize if you felt in anyway undervalued upon check-out. We always want to know how our guests' experience was while staying with us. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again so we can have another chance at showing you what our warm Hamptonality is all about.

Kind regards,
Houston, TX
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Recently updated (Samsung LCD TVs) old property in convenient, secure location. Got room rate here ½ that of other chain’s 2 properties in Aventura, where I was attending a meeting. Complimentary attwifi, fridge and microwave, breakfast, and ample parking. Small updated fitness room. 3 public computers/ printer .
Problem is the beds/rooms themselves are not conducive to a dreamy night of sleep. Facing the racetrack, east, the darkening curtains do not close completely. This is actually a good backup wake system when the clock radio alarm doesn’t work despite saying that the alarm is on. The beds are rock hard- after 2 nights my back and hips said no more. As mentioned by others, AC/heat is supplied by large window unit. This particular unit is as loud as an electric lawn mower and cycles on and off to maintain set temperature. Not a light sleeper, I was awakened a couple times each night when it cycled on. Leaving the unit off is not an option: rooms get humid and stuffy because internal corridors, though interior, have no climate control.
If not for the cleanliness, convenience, and value, it would rate 2 or 2.5 stars.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs and eye mask
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
We're so glad we had the opportunity to serve you during your business travels to the area. I regret that we could not have made your stay more comfortable and relaxing. I'm currently reviewing your feedback with our staff so that we can make the necessary improvements to our amenities -including a full inspection of our guest room mattresses to ensure quality and comfort. Thank you for alerting us to your concerns and we hope that you'll come back and give us another chance to make your stay more enjoyable.

Kind regards,

Leslie Weil
lweil@turnberry.com
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was a perfectly fine hotel. We stayed here for a weekend at Gulfstream races, and it is absolutely the most convenient hotel. A 5-minute walk across the street to Gulfstream, and the Village, which has a lot of restaurants, bars, and shopping options, so you can always walk to a nice restaurant for a late-night meal. A 10-minute walk "up the highway" to Whole Foods and Target, lest you have forgotten anything.

The room was fine, though a bit tired and musty (this is south Florida). There was also an ashtray in our room, which leads me to think we got stuck in a smoking room (ugh). However, the hotel was sold out and we arrived very late, so I did not request another room, as I normally would have, especially given that we were paying about $240/night, a lot for a Hampton but it is an excellent location. However, the public spaces were quite nice and the pool was nice.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a non-smoking room if you request one. Stale smoke and mildew are an unpleasant c...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bluegrassdog
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My stay was the best experiance ever in Hallandale, Florida vs ANY other hotel in the United States ! The staff members were the most courteous and always smiling ! The Rooms were perfectly clean everyday and the other amenities were the best.

I am recommending to all I have contact with to stay there at the Hampton Inn in Hallandale, Florida.

Room Tip: All rooms are the best in the hotel !
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Beachwalk Resort
Beachwalk Resort
#4 of 6 in Hallandale Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura? Share your experiences!