“3 or 3.5 stars depending on stay length”

Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Recently updated (Samsung LCD TVs) old property in convenient, secure location. Got room rate here ½ that of other chain’s 2 properties in Aventura, where I was attending a meeting. Complimentary attwifi, fridge and microwave, breakfast, and ample parking. Small updated fitness room. 3 public computers/ printer .
Problem is the beds/rooms themselves are not conducive to a dreamy night of sleep. Facing the racetrack, east, the darkening curtains do not close completely. This is actually a good backup wake system when the clock radio alarm doesn’t work despite saying that the alarm is on. The beds are rock hard- after 2 nights my back and hips said no more. As mentioned by others, AC/heat is supplied by large window unit. This particular unit is as loud as an electric lawn mower and cycles on and off to maintain set temperature. Not a light sleeper, I was awakened a couple times each night when it cycled on. Leaving the unit off is not an option: rooms get humid and stuffy because internal corridors, though interior, have no climate control.
If not for the cleanliness, convenience, and value, it would rate 2 or 2.5 stars.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs and eye mask
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Leslie W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

We're so glad we had the opportunity to serve you during your business travels to the area. I regret that we could not have made your stay more comfortable and relaxing. I'm currently reviewing your feedback with our staff so that we can make the necessary improvements to our amenities -including a full inspection of our guest room mattresses to ensure quality and comfort. Thank you for alerting us to your concerns and we hope that you'll come back and give us another chance to make your stay more enjoyable.

Kind regards,

Leslie Weil
lweil@turnberry.com

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was a perfectly fine hotel. We stayed here for a weekend at Gulfstream races, and it is absolutely the most convenient hotel. A 5-minute walk across the street to Gulfstream, and the Village, which has a lot of restaurants, bars, and shopping options, so you can always walk to a nice restaurant for a late-night meal. A 10-minute walk "up the highway" to Whole Foods and Target, lest you have forgotten anything.

The room was fine, though a bit tired and musty (this is south Florida). There was also an ashtray in our room, which leads me to think we got stuck in a smoking room (ugh). However, the hotel was sold out and we arrived very late, so I did not request another room, as I normally would have, especially given that we were paying about $240/night, a lot for a Hampton but it is an excellent location. However, the public spaces were quite nice and the pool was nice.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a non-smoking room if you request one. Stale smoke and mildew are an unpleasant c...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bluegrassdog
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My stay was the best experiance ever in Hallandale, Florida vs ANY other hotel in the United States ! The staff members were the most courteous and always smiling ! The Rooms were perfectly clean everyday and the other amenities were the best.

I am recommending to all I have contact with to stay there at the Hampton Inn in Hallandale, Florida.

Room Tip: All rooms are the best in the hotel !
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Just spent 5 days at the Hampton Inn Hallandale and this place is awesome!
The lobby and breakfast area newly renovated and was clean and fresh,
The rooms, impecable,
The Staff absolutely amazing!

The location is just about equal distance to Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

Never been to a horse race before and this place is right accross the road from a place called Gulph Stream. I was playing like a pro......WOW....
Casino, tons of places to eat and also do some high end shopping as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank THEWB215
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed here one night, post cruise in January 2013. We have stayed here before, as we like the proximity to the Aventura Mall. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. It is an excellent choice for a short term stay in the area. Would not hesitate to stay here again in the future. My only complaint is that it is a bit pricey for what it is.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I was here for a month because of an emergency medical situation with a family member. I found the front desk personnel to be very efficient, knowledgeable and caring. I also enjoyed the cookies they had every night; often this and a cup of tea were my dinner when I got back very late from the hospital. I had laundry sent out and the night desk lady was quick to get it for me when I was so tired I'd forgotten that I was to pick it up. They were sure to get my packages to me that were sent by family members and things I had to order. I thought I would be there a week and it turned into a month! The location was great; easy access to 95, but since it is on Federal Hwy, I used that most of the time. The Adventura Mall was very close with drugstore, major department stores, grocery and bank. There are many resturants near by and as mentioned in other reviews, a Steak and Shake in the same parking lot. There is also a Target near by and many gas stations. The breakfast ladies are the best I've seen in my years of travel - they keep everything so neat and well stocked, no matter when I went in, it always appeared as if I was the first person to go through the line. Yes, there was construction the whole time I was there and often areas would be roped off or we had to use a different door. I did not think that this was that much of an inconvenience. The rooms are spacious, clean and have everything you need - refrigerator, microwave, iron and ironing board. The beds are very comfortable and linens and comforters clean. The housekeepers keep the rooms very clean and well stocked. The air conditioners work great. There is even an exhaust fan in the bathroom, which is rare in hotels and sure helps keep the fog off the mirror after a hot shower. There are computers available for guest use and they even have printers. If you need a good hotel with a great staff, I highly recommend this Hampton Inn.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MaryM452013
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here twice this year. My last stay was for 3 nights in June. Once again I was Well pleased. Omara and Michelle at check in was Great. My room on the 7th floor I found to be super clean. Breakfast was always Well stocked even during busy hours. The location is Great and quite and there's plenty of things to do with in walking distance. The pool area was clean and very well maintaned. Andrew at the front desk was also very nice. I am also a Hilton Diamond member and do over 300 nights a year and I am very impressed at the level of service they provide to be a Hampton Inn. Overall I give it a 10 out of 10. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2012
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Beachwalk Resort
Beachwalk Resort
#4 of 6 in Hallandale Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura? Share your experiences!