New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura

Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura
GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Ontario
“Good Location and Good Basic Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed here one night, post cruise in January 2013. We have stayed here before, as we like the proximity to the Aventura Mall. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. It is an excellent choice for a short term stay in the area. Would not hesitate to stay here again in the future. My only complaint is that it is a bit pricey for what it is.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Clermont, Florida, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I was here for a month because of an emergency medical situation with a family member. I found the front desk personnel to be very efficient, knowledgeable and caring. I also enjoyed the cookies they had every night; often this and a cup of tea were my dinner when I got back very late from the hospital. I had laundry sent out and the night desk lady was quick to get it for me when I was so tired I'd forgotten that I was to pick it up. They were sure to get my packages to me that were sent by family members and things I had to order. I thought I would be there a week and it turned into a month! The location was great; easy access to 95, but since it is on Federal Hwy, I used that most of the time. The Adventura Mall was very close with drugstore, major department stores, grocery and bank. There are many resturants near by and as mentioned in other reviews, a Steak and Shake in the same parking lot. There is also a Target near by and many gas stations. The breakfast ladies are the best I've seen in my years of travel - they keep everything so neat and well stocked, no matter when I went in, it always appeared as if I was the first person to go through the line. Yes, there was construction the whole time I was there and often areas would be roped off or we had to use a different door. I did not think that this was that much of an inconvenience. The rooms are spacious, clean and have everything you need - refrigerator, microwave, iron and ironing board. The beds are very comfortable and linens and comforters clean. The housekeepers keep the rooms very clean and well stocked. The air conditioners work great. There is even an exhaust fan in the bathroom, which is rare in hotels and sure helps keep the fog off the mirror after a hot shower. There are computers available for guest use and they even have printers. If you need a good hotel with a great staff, I highly recommend this Hampton Inn.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank MaryM452013
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here twice this year. My last stay was for 3 nights in June. Once again I was Well pleased. Omara and Michelle at check in was Great. My room on the 7th floor I found to be super clean. Breakfast was always Well stocked even during busy hours. The location is Great and quite and there's plenty of things to do with in walking distance. The pool area was clean and very well maintaned. Andrew at the front desk was also very nice. I am also a Hilton Diamond member and do over 300 nights a year and I am very impressed at the level of service they provide to be a Hampton Inn. Overall I give it a 10 out of 10. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Chris G
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Recently went for a conference -- the location was not great, but could be worse; the hotel was under renovation, but failed to inform its guests when booking that this meant there would be no gym; they did, however, offer up their sister hotel's gym, but it required a taxi that guests had to pay for in order to get there; the shuttle service to and from the conference was poorly organized, and a sizable number of guests were staying there specifically for the conference; would've been nice if this was better arranged; what I did like about the hotel was, of course, the free breakfast, which had a good variety of choices, and the room was clean and the bed comfy, which in the end, is what's most important!

1 Thank navypop
Green Valley, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

So I gave this hotel 5 bullets and here is why. I was in town for a meeting at the Turnberry Isle resort. If I had wanted opulence I would have stayed there for 3 times what I paid for this Hampton Inn. As a business traveler I want, value, cleanliness, ease of access and a nice staff. This hotel filled all of these needs.

First its location was very convenient to my conference site and for all of the sites of Aventura/Hallendale. As traffic in this part of Florida is a big issue this is an important point. The hotel was undergoing renovations to its lobby but as I don't spend much time in the lobby it was no inconvenience at all. The folks who greeted me were very friendly and welcoming. My room was ready and I was in it in a couple of minutes.

The room was fairly large and had everything I wanted. It had a full cable TV lineup and nice flat screen TV. The bed was comfortable and freshly cleaned. The hotel cleans all of the bed linens including the duvet covers and padding between every customer. Nice touch and one, sadly, most hotels do not do. A shout out to the maid. (We never do that but this time I noticed something.) I used the regular coffee and not decaf so the next three days there was extra regular coffee. She noticed that as well as keeping my room very clean. The bathroom was spotless and had a nice range of amenities. Lots of clean towels. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room. There is a Whole Foods market within walking (better short driving) distance of the hotel so I was able to stock up with real food. There is a Steak and Shake in the parking lot as well. They have a very nice coffee maker in the room by the way. As a Hilton Honors member I got free internet but I think everyone gets it. It was fast enough. In this day and age there is no excuse for a business oriented hotel to charge for internet. The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning worked fine.

It took me about 20 minutes to get to the hotel from the Ft. Lauderdale airport. If you are going to Ft. Lauderdale don't even think of flying into Miami. You will just love the traffic between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. It can be extreme.

So this is an excellent business hotel. Convenient and very well managed. So it gets five bullets because it is very good compared to its real competition....other business hotels. You can stay here with confidence.

2 Thank Rickwine
Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Hampton Inn in Hallendale is literally easy walking distance to Gulfstream mall and casino/track area. (http://www.gulfstreampark.com/). The general area is wonderful (great shopping and eating) and if I wasn't there on business, I would have loved to have checked out all the fun things to do!

I checked in to the hotel in the evening and the first issue was finding out where to check-in. The construction they were doing to the front of their building blocked what I believe would be the regular registration. A sign said to drive to the back of the building but I ended up parking and just going in the side. I didn't need a key (as I would have normally) to get into the door. I followed the paper signs to "Front Desk" which was in a room that had been thrown together for registration. It was very strange -- lots of red flags -- there were just a couple people sitting on a sofa having a conversation. They greeted me and checked me in quickly.

The hotel floor by floor was your average-looking hotel. The room looked clean ... but there was a post-it note on the bed that said "your sheets and duvet have been cleaned in preparation for your arrival". How strange! I assumed they'd been cleaned. Did I need the note? Is this a new Hampton Inn thing? Anyway, as a result of the weirdness of check-in and the post-it I looked around more closely.

No bed-bugs, which, I confess, I check for even in the nicest of hotels these days. However, the bathroom had stray hairs in the bath and sink from the previous guest or cleaning crew. Water pressure was weak. The room had a tiny coffee maker and a fridge for storing anything I may have bought.

The bed was very comfortable and there was cable and some movie channels. There was no noise from neighbors or hallway but I don't think the hotel was very full. They offered a breakfast but I didn't try it.

Overall, the hotel was average and I suspect my visit was not their normal level of service due to all the construction/renovation. The location was great!! If I were traveling with my family and paying on my own, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed on 7th floor. No noise and elevators were relatively quick.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Leslie W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm sorry for the confusion regarding the temporary check-in location. We have tried to make it clear for our visitors with signage but I understand it can be very confusing. I'm also terribly sorry about the cleanliness concerns you had; we take a lot of pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and are terribly sorry you encountered issues; I have addressed them with our housekeeping staff to make sure we continue to pay attention to detail in every room. The post-it notes are a Hampton brand standard that lets our guests know that the duvets and linens are clean. Again, we appreciate your comments and hope you will come see us again soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Clean, Comfortable, and Friendly Staff. Those 3 things are my criteria in choosing a hotel and this Hampton Inn excels in all 3 categories. I just concluded a stay here - my 16th in the past 3 years and I will be back here when I next visit the area.

CLEAN - I like that that the room is always clean and provisioned with enough amenities to be comfortable. You also get a freshly-cleaned duvet cover

COMFORTABLE - The rooms have a microwave oven, refrigerator, HD TV, and free Wi-Fi. There is a hot and cold breakfast in the morning, 24-hour coffee, fresh baked cookies in the evening, and computers with printers. There is also an outside pool.

STAFF - From the management on down, they are friendly, helpful, warm and gracious. Yes, I am a frequent guest, but they have always treated me like family.

The hotel is near major highways, beaches, shopping - the Aventura Mall is minutes away - and Gulfstream Casino and Racetrack is across the street. As for good eating, too many places to list.

As a frequent traveler, I highly recommend this hotel for business travel, couples, and families.

Room Tip: Every room I've stayed has been good. If you have a special need, just ask Alex Raven, Manager o...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallandale Beach
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aventura
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aven...
#2 of 5 in Hallandale Beach
#2 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,327 reviews
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Margaritaville Beach Resort

Been to Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura? Share your experiences!