Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura
Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura(Hallandale Beach)(Great Value!)
$109
BestWestern.com
Knights Inn Hallandale(Hallandale Beach)
$74
Curtis Inn(Hollywood)
TripAdvisor
Richard's Motel(Hollywood)
1,524 results
All reviewsacross the streetsteak and shakegulfstream parkcookieswhole foodsbreakfast roomgreat hotelhorse trackcoffee and teagulf streamfree parkingfresh fruitcomplimentary breakfastminute drivestay there againparking lotthe hotel is clean
Reviewed December 12, 2012

So I gave this hotel 5 bullets and here is why. I was in town for a meeting at the Turnberry Isle resort. If I had wanted opulence I would have stayed there for 3 times what I paid for this Hampton Inn. As a business traveler I want, value, cleanliness, ease of access and a nice staff. This hotel filled all of these needs.

First its location was very convenient to my conference site and for all of the sites of Aventura/Hallendale. As traffic in this part of Florida is a big issue this is an important point. The hotel was undergoing renovations to its lobby but as I don't spend much time in the lobby it was no inconvenience at all. The folks who greeted me were very friendly and welcoming. My room was ready and I was in it in a couple of minutes.

The room was fairly large and had everything I wanted. It had a full cable TV lineup and nice flat screen TV. The bed was comfortable and freshly cleaned. The hotel cleans all of the bed linens including the duvet covers and padding between every customer. Nice touch and one, sadly, most hotels do not do. A shout out to the maid. (We never do that but this time I noticed something.) I used the regular coffee and not decaf so the next three days there was extra regular coffee. She noticed that as well as keeping my room very clean. The bathroom was spotless and had a nice range of amenities. Lots of clean towels. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room. There is a Whole Foods market within walking (better short driving) distance of the hotel so I was able to stock up with real food. There is a Steak and Shake in the parking lot as well. They have a very nice coffee maker in the room by the way. As a Hilton Honors member I got free internet but I think everyone gets it. It was fast enough. In this day and age there is no excuse for a business oriented hotel to charge for internet. The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning worked fine.

It took me about 20 minutes to get to the hotel from the Ft. Lauderdale airport. If you are going to Ft. Lauderdale don't even think of flying into Miami. You will just love the traffic between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. It can be extreme.

So this is an excellent business hotel. Convenient and very well managed. So it gets five bullets because it is very good compared to its real competition....other business hotels. You can stay here with confidence.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Rickwine
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Hampton Inn in Hallendale is literally easy walking distance to Gulfstream mall and casino/track area. (http://www.gulfstreampark.com/). The general area is wonderful (great shopping and eating) and if I wasn't there on business, I would have loved to have checked out all the fun things to do!

I checked in to the hotel in the evening and the first issue was finding out where to check-in. The construction they were doing to the front of their building blocked what I believe would be the regular registration. A sign said to drive to the back of the building but I ended up parking and just going in the side. I didn't need a key (as I would have normally) to get into the door. I followed the paper signs to "Front Desk" which was in a room that had been thrown together for registration. It was very strange -- lots of red flags -- there were just a couple people sitting on a sofa having a conversation. They greeted me and checked me in quickly.

The hotel floor by floor was your average-looking hotel. The room looked clean ... but there was a post-it note on the bed that said "your sheets and duvet have been cleaned in preparation for your arrival". How strange! I assumed they'd been cleaned. Did I need the note? Is this a new Hampton Inn thing? Anyway, as a result of the weirdness of check-in and the post-it I looked around more closely.

No bed-bugs, which, I confess, I check for even in the nicest of hotels these days. However, the bathroom had stray hairs in the bath and sink from the previous guest or cleaning crew. Water pressure was weak. The room had a tiny coffee maker and a fridge for storing anything I may have bought.

The bed was very comfortable and there was cable and some movie channels. There was no noise from neighbors or hallway but I don't think the hotel was very full. They offered a breakfast but I didn't try it.

Overall, the hotel was average and I suspect my visit was not their normal level of service due to all the construction/renovation. The location was great!! If I were traveling with my family and paying on my own, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed on 7th floor. No noise and elevators were relatively quick.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Leslie W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm sorry for the confusion regarding the temporary check-in location. We have tried to make it clear for our visitors with signage but I understand it can be very confusing. I'm also terribly sorry about the cleanliness concerns you had; we take a lot of pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and are terribly sorry you encountered issues; I have addressed them with our housekeeping staff to make sure we continue to pay attention to detail in every room. The post-it notes are a Hampton brand standard that lets our guests know that the duvets and linens are clean. Again, we appreciate your comments and hope you will come see us again soon.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Clean, Comfortable, and Friendly Staff. Those 3 things are my criteria in choosing a hotel and this Hampton Inn excels in all 3 categories. I just concluded a stay here - my 16th in the past 3 years and I will be back here when I next visit the area.

CLEAN - I like that that the room is always clean and provisioned with enough amenities to be comfortable. You also get a freshly-cleaned duvet cover

COMFORTABLE - The rooms have a microwave oven, refrigerator, HD TV, and free Wi-Fi. There is a hot and cold breakfast in the morning, 24-hour coffee, fresh baked cookies in the evening, and computers with printers. There is also an outside pool.

STAFF - From the management on down, they are friendly, helpful, warm and gracious. Yes, I am a frequent guest, but they have always treated me like family.

The hotel is near major highways, beaches, shopping - the Aventura Mall is minutes away - and Gulfstream Casino and Racetrack is across the street. As for good eating, too many places to list.

As a frequent traveler, I highly recommend this hotel for business travel, couples, and families.

Room Tip: Every room I've stayed has been good. If you have a special need, just ask Alex Raven, Manager or Ohmayra and Michelle at the front desk.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel was under significant construction when I stayed. The water pressure was awful, the water trickled out of the shower head. The rooms were super clean. The breakfast was adequate. I've always enjoyed Hampton Inn, I will continue to use them.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We chose the Hampton Inn in Hallandale for its close proximity to Aventura and Haulover Beach. This was our first time staying at this location. We have stayed at a number of other hotels in the area.

The Hampton Inn was great for our needs. Nice, quiet, clean rooms with comfortable beds (although they could use a couple firmer pillows). We actually arrived VERY late and found that all of the King-bed rooms were occupied. However, the manager moved our bags to a vacant King-room the next day while we were at the beach. They were all very nice and accomodating. Free parking is HUGE in this part of the state!

The beakfast buffet was much better than others that we have tasted. Not exquisite dining, but certainly very complete..considering it was free. Plenty of hot and cold offerings, including a waffle maker, eggs, sausage, fruit, yogurt, etc.

The location is in a safe, developed area on Biscayne Blvd. directly accross the street from Gulfstream race track and casino. I hadn't been there since spring break 35 years ago. Wow, what a difference! They did a nice job developing the property with upscale shopping and decent restaurants etc.

We will definitely return to this location. For the price ($143/night on line), you simply can't beat it.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple