“Safe area, nice view”

GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Safe area, nice view”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here the night before our cruise departed from Miami. It was a nice, safe area, and our room was on the side of the hotel with a good view of the race track across the street (photo attached). The hotel supplied our room with Bath & Body Works soap, lotion, shampoo & conditioner (a definite plus in my book). However, our son & daughter-in-law were a floor down and didn't get any Bath & Body Works goodies in their room. Also, they were on the other side of the hotel and didn't get the nice view we had. We had cold showers with very low water pressure, but we heard that this was because their water heater was leaking at the time we were there. It didn't matter too much; it was only for one night, we'd slept well, and we were about to take a cruise!

Room Tip: Request the side of the hotel with the racetrack view.
Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank InfrequentVacationer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
New York
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel because of glowing reviews, and am now able to add a positive one of my own. Very well located, a few miles from 95, across from the shops and restaurants at Gulfstream, and just a short distance from the Aventura Mall, this hotel is extremely convenient if you, like me, need travel between North Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.

I arrived before check-in time and since they had been full the night before, needed to wait for my room. I went next door to the Steak and Shake for lunch, and when I returned, had just a short wait for an available room. I liked that the gentleman on duty brought my room keys over to where I was waiting in the lobby/breakfast area without my having to go and check on the situation. This was representative of the entire staff at the hotel. I met the lovely manager one morning at breakfast, and she told me that she loved her staff, and after a few days, I did too. Without exception, the staff greeted me everywhere I went. Everyone from the friendly lady who cleaned my room, to the breakfast staff who constantly re-stocked and said good morning, to the maintenance folks I met in the hallway and elevators, had a big smile and a greeting for guests.

My room was excellent with a comfortable bed, the extra pillows and towels I requested, a functional work desk, and good lighting. The one drawback was the noisy air conditoner, which made enough loud noise cycling on and off, to wake me up.

The bathroom was fine with a good shower in the tub, plenty of toiletries, and enough places to hang towels. As was true for the room, everything was clean and well maintained except for some rust stains in the tub near the drain.

Breakfast at this Hampton is exceptionally good and included in the room rate. There was hot food every day and a good variety throughout the week including a western omelet one day, scrambled eggs with cheese another, and even a little frittata with bacon and cheese on my last morning. Breads included white, whole wheat, bagels and English Muffins... score a point for the English Muffins! Muffins and Danish Pastry were available and supplies were replenished frequently. There was also the ubiquitous waffle maker, hot oatmeal, an assortment of cold cereals, yogurt, sausage, a fresh fruit salad with melon, grapes, and orange sections, tortillas, and a display of fruit including apples, bananas, and oranges, all of which were available every day. Juice choices included orange, cranberry and apple, and the coffee came in regular and extra strong as well as decaffeinated. Coffee was available all day and evening and cookies were put out for guests during the day (I saw the tray, but always seemed to miss the cookies!)

Although I didn't use it, the pool area appeared to be popular, and pool towels were available. The parking lot was ample and well lit. In general, this seems to be a safe area and the hotel is well staffed and well taken care of.

I certainly recommend the Hampton (although light sleepers might want to avoid it or at least bring ear plugs!) and I'll likely stay here again when I need to be in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank travelwise
Malibu, California
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed at the Hampton Inn this past week for three days. It was one of the best hotel stays I had experienced ever. Lovely hotel with a nice family feel. It is very clean and the front desk staff super nice! The room is very spacious and the breakfast buffet just great! We had scrambled eggs, bacon and bagels every morning. They still make cookies every evening which are delicious!! Front desk staff in the evening are very helpful. Adrian and Schneider were great! They helped us with getting directions and planning trips during our stay. We will definitely be back soon! Thank you!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room overlooking the Gulfstream
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rob M
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Just came back from the USA, stayed for one week at Hampton Inn Hallandale, and really enjoyed with my family our stay at this hotel which has a good location, rooms are very comfortable clean and quiet, staff was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was excellent
Highly recommended
WK - Israel

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and we loved it !!!! The night was excellent, quiet, excellent service, delicious breakfast in the morning, I appreciated the newspaper delivered to our door and the mouthwash, bath gel, shampoo, conditioner and hand lotion in the bathroom. The room was impeccable, flat screen tv, excellent parking and excellent location !!!!!!!! Congratulations on a job well done Hampton Inn staff.

Room Tip: Excellent !!!! It does not matter which room you chose. The Hampton Inn experience has always been e...
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here because it was close to the hospital. When I told the manager that we were in town to visit a friend in the hospital, the manager immediately told me that they had a hospital rate which was $15 lower than the rate I booked on-line. I really appreciated this. The rooms are updated and very clean, breakfast was good. The room has one of those air conditioners that are under the window. I'm not a fan of those since they are often very noisy. However, this one appears to be newer, and was pretty quiet. Also, the room did not have that typical Fl mold smell so common in Fl.

We have to be in the area and already booked a room here.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I had to stay here several times with a nearby work location being done.
The staff here is always accommodating!

The restaurants across the street in the center are fantastic and closely.
When traveling north on the road, the u turn can be painful and long at times.
The costs for this hotel that is less than five minutes form the beach are always good.
Will be back!

Room Tip: Reserve early!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Sole on the Ocean
Sole on the Ocean
#3 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura? Share your experiences!