“Nice Hotel in a Great Location”

Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I liked the hotel because its located less than 8-miles away from the FLL airport, less than 4-miles away from the beach and it is across from the Gulfstream Casino and Racetrack! There is also a village inside the Gulfstream where you can find different clothing stores, restaurants and bars. My team had our meeting in the Yard House and so I'll recommend that place to eat and drink. The hotel itself is clean, offers a free breakfast and the staff is very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MrEdnWilbur
Write a ReviewReviews (1,468)

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I bought 3 itens at amazon to be shipped to hotel. When I got at front desk, I was informed that my order had not been delievered yet, but, at amazon order status its was.

In the next 2 days I keept asking the receptionist for my itens. For my surprise, I could check by an Amazon email, the employeers names who received my packages 3 days ago. With that on hands, I put the receptionist on the frontfire.My itens were there from thevery beginning, they gave me an excuse that did a mistake with my Last name. COME ON! THEY ACTUALLY TRIED TO STAY WITH MY STUFF! DO NOT TRUST ON THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Thiagowii
Tina K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience in regards to your packages being delivered to our hotel. We provide this service to many of our guests and I was surprised to hear of your complaint. After my research, I was advised that you are correct and the main problem was that the name on the packages didn’t match the registered guest name.

As always we are very happy to assist our guest with this service and as such we have shipping and receiving policies in place that help guarantee the safety of your belongings.

The steps for this procedure are as follows:

1. Main Receiver on Address Label: Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach ~ Aventura
2. 2nd Line of Address Label: Attention To: must be the name of the registered guest signing for packages upon check in at the hotel.
3. Hotel Address: 1000 South Federal Highway, Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
4. At check in we require that the registered guest also have a copy of the tracking numbers just in case the company neglects to put the guest name on the outside of the package.
5. During check-in process, registered guest will be required to show proof of identification which again must match the name on the actual package and finally to sign our package log that they took possession of their shipments.

Again, I apologize that this process did not go smoothly for you and assure you that any delay in getting your packages was only due to ensuring that we released them to the correct individual.

As always, we appreciate your business and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights and were very pleased with the hotel. The location was near malls, restaurants, entertainment and more. The staff was helpful and friendly. Worked great for us!

Room Tip: Ask for room with no connecting door
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Very good and clean hotel, nice room and friendly staff, the breakfast was also good and they offer some free services that win customers, like free snacks and fruits to take away, coffe maker and microwave in the room, etc....

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I had researched many hotels in the area carefully before making my choice to stay at Hampton Inn Hallandale. I was travelling with my family (DH, DD14, DD12). We needed a place to stay in the Miami area for four nights in January prior to our cruise, with a room that would be big enough for all of us, preferably with free parking. Hampton Inn Hallandale was a perfect choice. Whilst not located anywhere near South Beach, we were only a short drive from Hallandale beach, which suited us just fine. The Aventura Mall is only a couple of minutes away (great shopping!), albeit too far to walk from the hotel. You are also on the right side of Miami if you wish to visit Sawgrass Mills Mall (about 30-40 min drive from the hotel, depending on the traffic). The Gulfstream Park with its race track, shops and restaurants is just opposite the hotel.
We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. We arrived severely delayed at 2 am, without our luggage (problems with snow at JFK). Despite the late hour, we were warmly greeted by the person at the reception. The personnel was very friendly throughout our stay, and they even helped us call our airline when our luggage hadn’t arrived. The room was perfect for us, with two wide beds, enough room for our luggage (once it arrived), very clean, quite nice breakfast for a free one. Our daughters especially loved the DIY waffles. There were always two warm choices at breakfast: scrambled eggs, sausages, ham… Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, muffins, bagels, bread, cream cheese, marmalades, instant oatmeal, juice… Enough to get us going in the morning.
We did not try the swimming pool, so I cannot say anything about the temperature, but it looked clean enough. The room was kept clean as well, with the exception of our last day, when the cleaning staff had not visited by 3 pm when we returned to the room (they did come by a bit later, but we said they didn’t need to come anymore, as we didn’t want to leave the room at that time). The hotel was very quiet, not much traffic noice was heard despite our room facing S Federal Highway.There are several restaurants within walking distance; in addition to those in Gulfstream Park, just walk north along S Federal Highway, we had a very nice dinner at a Greek restaurant about 10-15 min walk from the hotel. We also had a few burgers from the Steak ‘n Shake, which is located right in front of the hotel, very convenient if you want a quick snack.
I would not hesitate to stay at the hotel again, if we needed a room in the area. The neighborhood may not be the most scenic one, but if you need a no-frills, clean place to stay, with free parking and breakfast, this is a good choice.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank colsbom
Reviewed April 26, 2011

This trip was tinged with a lot of anxiety because it was to visit a seriously ill relative who was in Aventura Hospital (which is a block away, by the way -- very convenient). The Hampton Inn was a refuge away from the stress and strain of each day! The staff were extremely courteous and helpful. They made me feel welcome.
It was evident from the beginning that this hotel places great emphasis on cleanliness. Every morning, as I would sit in the breakfast room eating my free breakfast, I would watch the workers as they diligently scrubbed the pool and pool deck, making it spotless.
And speaking of spotless, I have never had a hotel room with such a clean bathroom! It positively gleamed! The purity shampoo and conditioner were also a nice touch. The bed was very comfortable, as was the room temperature. A very nice touch was the padded lap desk in the room for laptop use. Very thoughtful.
If you're a business traveler, however, don't rely upon their business amenities. They consist of two PCs in the corner of the breakfast room and a little printer. The PCs don't even have Adobe Reader installed on them, so I couldn't even print out an important document that I needed to print. Better to find a Kinko's to do your business than to try to accomplish anything there. Too bad.
All in all, it was a much-better-than-average stay. I would stay there again, for sure.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank sallymir
Reviewed April 13, 2011

My Fiance & I went to visit our parents & wanted a place to just chill. We got our whole package through priceline & with rental car, airfare & accommodations at this Hampton Inn it came to just under $1000.00 total for all for 5 nights. The hotel is beautiful, very clean, free hot breakfast, complimentary fruit & coffee & teas all day & night, free parking, friendly & accommodating Staff, free wifi, comfortable rooms, great location near many restaurants, race track & casino & more! I have to say that after a looooong day of wedding errands with the folks the warm chocolate chip cookies at the front desk were such an awesome little treat. See corporate America,you don't have to spend a lot of money to make your Guests happy! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall
AC Hotel by Marriott Miami Aventura

Been to Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura? Share your experiences!