“Let down - The "tostones" were extremely greasy and the black beans were watery.”

Las Vegas Cuban Cuisine
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have been going to Las Vegas Restaurant since they first opened in the 80' in Hollywood, Florida. After a while I remembered that I stopped going because the quality of the food was not the same. Well, after several years, I started going to Las Vegas in Hallandale Beach and I liked it a lot. However, I was very disappointed this weekend. I told the waitress that I wanted my tostones very crispy and what I got were very greasy tostones. When I mentioned it to the waitress, she said that's they are probably greasy because "I requested for the tostones to be crispy". Hello? Crispy doesn't translate to greasy. Also, the black beans were watery. I ordered black beans, white rice, tostones and Pork chops. The pork chops were excellent but the rest of the food was below average.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Each time we come to visit or son and his wife it is a must that we go here. The lunch specials are amazing and go until 5 pm. The drinks are half price as well. The Empanadas.....the best I have had. The staff is always very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Very tasty, well cooked Cuban cuisine. If you haven't tried the whole deep fried snapper please do !

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Our bill was about $55 for 1 beer, 1 iced tea, 2 appetizers and 2 mains. We ordered the empanadas which seemed like they were frozen and not much flavour. I ordered the skirt steak which was tender, but without the small cup of piri piri there was not much flavour. Service was good though but can't say I would go back. The Peruvian restaurant a few doors down was busier....perhaps we will try there next time!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

First time to this location. Located in a large, very nice mall with many other restaurants. Dinner on a Monday night at 6:45. Not too busy so we were seated immediately. As it was a nice night, we sat outside. Bread and water came at once and our server ( Miguel ) explained the specials. My wife ordered a glass of red wine. $ 3.00 -- The server said if you want another, I will bring it before 7 because the price increases to $ 6.95 at 7. Good for him. I ordered roast pork with white rice, black beans and yucca. $ 9.95. Good portion and taste. My wife ordered churrasco steak with yucca and a salad. $ 17.95. Good but pricey for the size of the portion. For dessert, we split a flan which was very good. Our server was always right there making sure that all was well with our meal. A nice location. The best of their locations we have been to so far. We will be back..