“Gone down hill.”

Dining options: Delivery
Orlando, Florida
“Gone down hill.”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We loved Big Tony,s when they first opened and had good coupons. Little by little they did away with the coupons and in my opinion the quality of the pizza.

We decided to try it again a few weeks ago after avoiding it for a couple of years. I went to the counter and asked if there are any lunch specials and she said no except for the lunch piece slices. So as I am ordering and completed the transaction I asked why they do not have coupons any more. The charge is already on my credit card and she hands me coupons that would have saved me money on this transaction but it was too late.

She said only certain areas in Haines City get the coupons and when I gave her my address she said we are not in the area.

Big Tony's is expensive for our demographic of senior citizens living on a low fixed income so we cannot afford to eat there without coupons.

We have spent over 20.00 for a pizza there but now I would not pay 5.00 because the quality of the cheese, sauce and dough are not the same anymore. The sauage is different too and does not have the wonderful flavor that was there before.

It used to be the place was packed with customers and so busy they built a larger dining rom to accomadate the crowds

Now the only time it seems to be busy is for th lunch crowd.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank 072412c

haines city
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and value!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Nice place, nice people , great food. We will be back!!!

• Visited July 2012
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Very Good Pizza”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Good Pizza, full stop. Huge pizza slices, be careful when ordering!

Visited April 2012
Winter Haven, Florida
“Good pizza, stupid owners”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I thought I'd found the perfect pizza place in Polk County, it was consistently very good. The pies are thin crust New York Style with excellent sauce.

One time we decided to change up our normal, which is a large with pepperoni and extra cheese, to one that is half deluxe and half our normal. It was really quite good as well, I enjoyed my deluxe half and my wife enjoyed her pepperoni/extra cheese.

The problem came when the bill arrived. First they charged us for two pizzas, a deluxe and a pepp/ex-cheese. When she returned apologetically, we we charged the price of a full deluxe, instead of half and half. The owner got involved, a British woman with apparently no computer or math skills. She said the software they use doesn't allow for the pizza to be broken down like that and I asked her if she knew how to run a calculator ... she looked at me like I asked her to operate a mainframe computer. She couldn't or wouldn't do the math to settle things fairly, proving to me she is either an idiot or she doesn't care about the customer's satisfaction. And for that, she has lost a repetitive customer, we were coming once a week. We will not be back now.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank ChefsHubby
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pizza!!”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised! Really good pizza and the slices are huge!!!

1 Thank Purplelirpa