“The last straw...”

Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Haines City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Reviewed January 30, 2014

And not the type used for a glass of tea. On Thursday, January 30, 2014, I waited at Manny’s Chophouse in Haines City for 23 minutes only to be told I had to wait an additional 45 minutes for a table. The party of four in front of me was seated immediately, but I was told to eat dinner at the bar. However, the elderly couple behind me was offered a table, and the lady even offered to let me take their table, because she had heard the exchange. I left, vowing never to return. Upon arriving at home, I called the Haines City location asking to speak with the manager. The greeter said she couldn’t hear me and hung up. I phoned four more times asking to speak with the manager. I got the same response: “I can’t hear you.” On the fifth call, I said in a quiet voice, “Call ahead seating for eight.” Aida’s response was, “At what time will you arrive.” I asked if she could hear me. She said she could, and I asked for the manager in charge. Aida hung up. I called Mike, the manager in charge of Manny’s in Winter Haven. He called the Haines City manager, Jennifer, asking that she contact me. Jennifer’s employees denied that I had called.

This review is rated one-half star, rounded up to a full point only because there is no zero rating. Avoid being abused at Manny’s. There are restaurants with civilized staff that don’t discriminate against single guests.

5  Thank DeanMurphy2020
Write a ReviewReviews (2,454)

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I love this place. Food is fantastic and very well priced. In fact they should charge more. Happy hour means two for one beers as well and unlimited salad and bread rolls accompany every meal. If you like steaks and you like mad, crazy and busy places this is just for you. It does get incredibly busy and often the wait for tables can be an hour but it is worth it.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We visited this restaurant twice during our stay and both times the service and food were excellent. This is a real gem and well worth a visit. There is a wait to be seated but that is due to it being so popular so just get yourself a drink and soak up the sights and atmosphere. I would definately return and would recommend a visit, just make sure you are hungry as there is a lot of food. Great experience.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We ate here twice during our stay ( the second time to see if we weren't just being picky). But no we weren't.
We called ahead both times and asked for times. Given a number to give when we arrived, and both visits had to wait 30 to 40 minutes. What is the point in that!!
The service was o.k, no more than that, and the food the same.
Would not recommend to others I'm afraid.

3  Thank GillJ16
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This joint is the real central Florida. Really good food. Great steak, a wonderful salad that has everything you'd ever want in it and cheap drinks. Expect to wait, even on a Monday night. The people watching makes ithe time pass. You'll see huge multi generational families, kids running around late on a school night, drunks weaving toward the (thank goodness) passenger side of the pickup. Don't expect to have a conversation - it's crazy loud - but do expect to have both a great dinner and a great experience. Good service too.