All reviews private pool water park welcome pack bed villa pac man building work clubhouse area games room manny's chophouse bedroom downstairs virgin holidays pool home egg city all mod cons kids loved having excellent villa lego land
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2020

This stay was part of our annual family vacation, my family and I enjoyed our stay at the resort and loved the home we were assigned. Being able to enjoy our back yard alligators gave us an extra perk at choosing Florida this time around. The resort is located right between Orlando and Tampa allowing us to enjoy family road trips to the popular theme parks. The area was closed in by fencing and very peaceful during our stay.
I would recommend families stay at Balmoral Resort when visiting Florida…The staff was awesome as well.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Balmoral_Resort, Public Relations Manager at Balmoral Resort Florida, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Dear cecilia3522,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Balmoral Resort Florida; We are pleased to learn that your family enjoyed a peaceful stay in one of our beautiful vacation homes. It excites us that you found our location to be convenient for traveling to popular attractions in both Orlando and Tampa.

Your kind words about our resort and friendly staff services are much appreciated. Thank you for allowing us to accommodate your family, and we look forward to welcoming your family back soon!

Reviewed January 15, 2020

Fantastic resort and holiday home. Couldn't have wished for better. The house was immaculate. The staff on reception were very helpful and the bar staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We all said if we ever returned to Florida, we would definitely stay at Balmoral and give the Disney parks a miss to make more use of the resort.

Room tip: All the villas face one of the lakes. Great views.
Date of stay: December 2019
Balmoral_Resort, Public Relations Manager at Balmoral Resort Florida, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Dear Tezza64,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Balmoral Resort Florida; it excites us to learn that you experienced a fantastic stay in one of our beautiful vacation homes. We are pleased that our staff assisted in making your stay with us even better and we look forward to welcoming you back soon for another great stay!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 9, 2020

I booked this holiday with Virgin I have travelled to Florida 5 times this year this resort was sold to me as if I went a bit further from parks I would get a luxury resort ! This is far from the case this is 3 star at very best we are stuck here for 3 weeks as soon as I arrived I contacted Virgin they said they would look into moving me the first week in January it’s now the 9TH they now say there’s nothing they can do as balmoral won’t release them from contract I say to Virgin please don’t send customers to this resort it’s in one word RUBBISH it’s so basic in the home I come on holiday to stay somewhere at least as good as my home this is like I’m living in student accommodation
My son has an ear infection from pool if your paying for pool heat in home don’t bother it’s constantly cold they make you sign a waiver when you arrive after 9 hour flight to say the pool heat if cold outside basically won’t work so what’s the point in paying for it if it’s not going to work ! We have filled our car up around 6 times basically every other day this place is miles from anywhere how people can say location is great the obviously haven’t been to Orlando before I have be coming 30 years I’ve never stayed anywhere this far it’s basically takes around 1& half hours to get home from universal after a long day at the parks it’s no fun
Virgin have told me to take up when I get home I won’t be booking with them again as they should be able to release themselves from a contract if there customer not happy very poor customer service there is loads I could add but it’s winding me up as I write this I have a week left this holiday cost me £10250 and I Carnt wait to go home !
oh and security I thought it was a gated community it’s not ! gates constantly left open any one can come in not good !

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank annemharie2018
Balmoral_Resort, Public Relations Manager at Balmoral Resort Florida, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Dear annemharie2018,

We are so sorry to hear that your experience with our homes did not meet your expectations.

At Balmoral, our mission is to create a memorable vacation experience for our guests in hopes that they will not only return but will consider us a home away from home.

Once we were made aware of your concerns with pool heating, we immediately dispatched our engineering team to the home and it was reported that the pool was heated to 89 degrees Fahrenheit. We do apologize if this did not meet your expectations, unfortunately, cooler outside temperatures can prevent the pool from heating to full capacity.

Again, we would like to extend our apologies if you felt that your holiday was not what you had anticipated it to be.

Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

We stayed over Christmas and New Year, although a little bit further away from the parks, well worth the drive. The house, pool and facilities were excellent. Any small issues were dealt with very quickly.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Balmoral_Resort, Public Relations Manager at Balmoral Resort Florida, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Dear JamiesonBerri,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Balmoral Resort Florida; we are grateful to learn that your family enjoyed their holiday stay in one of our beautiful vacation homes.

Your kind comments about our resort facilities are much appreciated, and we thank you for recognizing that our staff was responsive to your concerns.

Thank you for allowing us to accommodate your family, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed January 6, 2020

This place is unbelievably horrible. We have stayed in a number of resorts and vacation homes, but none as bad as Balmoral Resort.
1)CHEAP, LOW QUALITY FURNITURE. The furniture looks nice but is not very functional or comfortable. Cheap, low quality beds will not give you restful sleep. Beds are very low to the floor and cheap, thin mattresses are only supported by slats. Woke up every morning with an aching back and did not look forward to going to bed at night.

2)ROACHES ROAM IN THE NIGHT After the first night, my husband woke up early morning and turned on the kitchen light to find roaches all over the counter. Of course they ran out of sight. We contacted the office and was told someone would contact us. After being out for the day, no one contacted us and I had to call back to find out the engineer had been in the house without notifying us. They then said the pest contractor would come by to spray. This guy came with something in a syringe and only sprayed behind the outlet covers. This did not help at all. When I contacted management again to see if we could be moved they said they would send someone to clean and nothing else could be done. We ended up having to staying in this roach infested home and prayed that none got in our luggage.

3) 55 minutes from Orlando Outlets, 30 minutes without traffic from Disney. HORRIBLE LOCATION. Wouldn't even recommend for just relaxing.

4) NO PRIVACY FROM OTHER HOMES...expect to swim and talk with your neighbors as there is no privacy. In fact, not only could we see and talk to our neighbors while in our pool. We could see them sitting in their living room. One of the homes next to us had a pool party we might as well been considered guests as we could see and hear ever thing and watch the party. Uncomfortable, we ended up going inside.

5) TAKE YOUR OWN TOWLES. Each house only has 1 bath towel and 1 wash cloth per person. Well, our house was short washcloths and they would not give us anymore. We were told "they should be there somewhere".

6)FOUL SMELL IN THE AREA...The garbage cans were full and k the curb the entire stay, which created a horrible smell outside.

If you choose to not heed the warnings and decide to stay, no matter how bad your experience management will not do anything to improve your experience. Dont waste your money on this place.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank charlenecook27

Dear charlenecook27,

We are disappointed to learn that your experience with us was less than satisfactory. Our main goal at Balmoral, is to provide a memorable vacation experience for our guests in hopes that they will not only return but will consider us a home away from home. To do that we rely on our guest's feedback, the good and the bad, and we use every comment, suggestion or praise as a tool to build upon.

While we do acknowledge that you reported insects within the home, a certified professional and our in-house engineering manager both reported that there was no activity present during the time of inspection. At Balmoral, we take all concerns very seriously, our team did treat the home and were willing to provide cleaning services with your approval.

While we understand that sometimes unexpected items may occur, we assure you that we work to address and rectify any and all concerns that may be affecting our guest's experience.

We would like to extend our deepest apologies if you felt that your stay with us didn’t meet your expectations.