“Roof top and inside dining”
Review of Beach Haus - CLOSED

Beach Haus
Cuisines: American, German, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Beach Haus a seafood restaurant and bar is a waterfront restaurant situated in charming Gulfport, Florida, just outside St. Petersburg and South Pasadena. We are located on Beach Boulevard, just across from the historic Gulfport Casino. We offer casual waterfront dining, three full bars, nightly entertainment, and the most delicious and fresh seafood options around. We are a farm-to-table restaurant (All food is locally sourced) with the largest craft beer selection in Gulfport. All our beers on tap are from local breweries such as Cycle, St. Pete Brewery, Mad Beach Brewery, 3 Daughters and more! Our signature cocktail list in composed of only the freshest ingredients including liquor from the St. Pete Distillery. We take pride in our food and drinks, so come out and support a local business by enjoying it!
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Overlooks the Bay in Gulfport. Crab cake appitizers great! Live music on the rooftop and piano player inside.

1  Thank stratgirl_11

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Sat up on the rooftop and played trivia. Fun atmosphere, friendly service and the sausages were absolutely delicious. Try the cucumber salad and sweet red cabbage. Decent prices and we will go back.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We live closeby and wanted to try a new restaurant for an early dinner today. A short hop to Gulfport with an intention of probably winding up at a familiar place. No parking, and we spotted a second floor deck at the Beach Haus. Hubby was thrilled to see that there were lots of German entrees on the menu, as he loves Weiner Schnitzel. I loved the idea of a lobster and shrimp quesedilla. The view was gorgeous and a nice breeze made everything very relaxing. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful! The food was excellent! The chat with other diners very nice! We will surely be returning! BTW, the Black Forest Cake in a cup was fantastic! We highly recommend this great eatery!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

There's not much in the food world that gets my taste buds a-twittering as much as seafood. I truly adore Poseidon's gifts from his salty domain, especially if they are presented in a bucket fresh from the steamer and filled to the brim with tasty treats anxiously awaiting a dip in a bowl of clarified butter.

Not long ago I discovered a German restaurant on the Internet that not only serves dishes from the Vaterland, but also lists steamed buckets that loudly called my name:

"Steam Beer Bucket
$24.50 1 lb. of Sweet Snow Crab, 1/2 lb. of Clams, 1/2 lb. Peel and Eat Shrimp, White Wurst, Corn and Potatoes cooked in German Pilsner Beer

Steam Wine Bucket
$27.50 1 lb. Whole Lobster, Scallops, Mussels, Knockwurst, Corn and Potatoes cooked in White Wine Citrusy Garlic Sauce

Steam Spicy Bucket
$27.50 1 lb. Whole Lobster, Clams, Crawfish and Debreziner Wurst, Corn and Potatoes, Spicy and Smokey Cajun"

The Beach Haus German Restaurant, 3128 Beach Blvd. South in Gulfport, has been on my gastronomic radar screen ever since, and finally my bride and I made the trip across the bay yesterday to avail ourselves of the Haus's bill of fare.

We were greeted at the door, presented with menus, and promptly seated in a mostly empty restaurant. We had missed the lunch crowd and we were too early for the dinner and party folks.

The Beach Haus has an upstairs deck area, but we decided to sit inside due to a rather stiff breeze that was blowing in from Boca Ciega Bay.

The lunch menu doesn't feature the steamed buckets of seafood, but our charming server, Tammy, pointed out that the buckets were available off of the dinner menu even at this early hour.

To be perfectly correct, I should have written 'bucket' since the Haus now only has one. The wine bucket and the spicy bucket are no longer offered. The remaining bucket is sorta the Steam Beer Bucket. Tammy mentioned that the menu had recently changed

The remaining bucket is described as a bucket built for two. I was hesitant to order so much seafood since my bride would not be sharing. Seafood with shells is not her stein of beer, so to speak. After mulling over my decision I decided to cowboy myself up and get that bucket.

What was served wasn't quite what I had imagined from the website descriptions. There was a whole lot of empty bucket. The shrimp were scattered about a scrawny looking snow crab. Under that was a mesh bag with a whole lot of mussels, some clams, a cob of corn, a few red potatoes, and a white wurst. The seafood and veggies were well prepared and probably would have been sufficient for two light eaters, but this was a bucket built for one. Also, it would have been a nice touch if someone had skimmed the crud from the clarified butter.

Another menu change that wasn't listed on the website is the cost of the bucket. It went from $24.50 to $36.50. I'm not complaining about the price, this is just an FYI. Seafood, like everything else we consume, is going up dramatically. The high cost of seafood is just something we will have to accept as a fact of life, though I do think the bucket should have been filled to match the two person price.

I'm not forgetting my lovely bride. She started with an order of potato pancakes with lingonberries and sour cream. The potatoes were crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. She was pleased with this selection.

Following the pancakes, she requested the Waldorf Salad Sandwich with chicken, apples, grapes, celery, walnuts, mayo, lettuce, and tomato on kaiser roll. Her side was a simple potato salad. Both salad and sandwich were good she said, just not spectacular. The salad was a little dry and could have used a bit more mayo.

With several beers apiece, our total came to a reasonable $63.39. We added 20% for Tammy. Except for the breeze coming from the bay, we were not blown away by our visit to the Beach Haus, but I am glad we gave it a try. I definitely would not return for the seafood.

1  Thank Jon R
Reviewed April 27, 2014

The best venue to hangout and drink . Everyone is very friendly and the prices are very reasonable .

1  Thank RogerGR988