“Wonderful place”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gulfport
Orlando, Florida
“Wonderful place”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I called at the last minute and we were able to reserve a great room. Frank was wonderful, very helpful and accomodating, as were all the staff. The food was great and the entertainment was professtional and fun. We will definitely be back.

Joan Stanton

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My girlfriends and I stayed overnight to celebrate my Birthday and had the best time. Frank, the resident manager gave us the warmest welcome and was so accomodating we were delighted. The rooms are gorgeous and extremely unique. The hotel is also the home of Six tables the gourmet restaurant renowned for their food and service but we didn't realize this and were not able to have the pleasure of eating there. The patio entertainment featuring Frank sinatra era music was also a great time. In the morning we were rewarded with a continental breakfast and Bloody Mary's eaten out on the wrap around porch. We spent a lazy rainy morning laughing and talking with the staff and other guests. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone and the rates are excellent. They made our stay a n experience we will treasure!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Clermont, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2011

My fiance and I spent 5 days and 4 nights at the Peninsula Inn and Spa to celebrate our anniversary. The hospitality that we received was one of the best experiences we have encountered. We truly felt as if we owned the place! The entire staff at the Inn was very accommodating to all of our needs. The food was first class and lived up to the hype that we read in various articles prior to staying at the inn. If you have an opportunity to order the Key lime pie I highly suggest it! The best I have EVER had! The room that we stayed in was very spacious, comfortable and clean. Inn keeper Frank (nicest guy on the planet) and the owner Jim (also absolutely wonderful), shared some exciting news regarding the future of the Inn. My fiance and I cannot wait to go back and visit after all the changes are complete. This place is a wonderful location for special events and especially weddings! Highly recommend this venue for anyone looking to getaway from the hustle and bustle and seeking privacy. Thumbs up to the spectacular team at the Peninsula Inn and Spa! - Philip Joeckel and Suzanne Williams Orlando Florida

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Frank and his staff made the stay in the quaint area of FL a delight. I will return!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 29, 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary at the inn, we stayed 2 nights mid week and we had a wonderful time.The service was excellent ,the room wonderful and Frank the resident manager and James the bar manager were a delight and so helpful.
We would really recommend this delightful spot to everyone.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nollagh
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I belong to a paranormal investigation group located in Southern Florida - we arranged for a "mini-investigation" at the Peninsula Inn recently - all the vibrations we felt were good, positive ones - especially those given off by the personnel who run this wonderful inn (lol) - I chose to stay ovenight on the second floor overlooking the entertainment area and slept very soundly throughout the night - the cleanliness aspect of both the bedroom and bathroom were impecable - the special treats with fresh coffee in the morning topped things off for me - special thanks to Frank and James for a fantastic experience and good company - Patricia Boynton Fort Myers, Florida

Room Tip: The room on the third floor with the mosquito net (decorative...) looked very interesting!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Patricia B
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed September 22, 2011

This delightful find was quite the surprise! My husband and I made reservations for our wedding anniversary last month. We are florida residents always looking for new places. The resident manager, Frank was very helpful in assisting and offering any needs or concerns of ours. 6 Tables restaurant was also a culinary GREAT find! We stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed the town's 3 Saturday art fest as well. It was so good that I returned by scheduling a relaxing facial in the spa! This experience was also added on my "tell everyone I know" list! It is the BEST kept (it was) secret and we will recommend to all!

Room Tip: Examine their web site for pictures of rooms!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Msmchll
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulfport
The Don CeSar
Sirata Beach Resort
Sirata Beach Resort
#13 of 32 in St. Pete Beach
Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar

Been to The Historic Peninsula Inn? Share your experiences!