“Gulfport Casino Ballroom”

Gulfport Casino Ballroom
Ranked #1 of 2 Nightlife in Gulfport
More attraction details
Owner description: The Casino has a flexible and friendly staff to ensure the ease and pleasure of coordinating events and to help them run as smoothly as possible.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Casino, as we call it, is a wonderful dance hall (one of the largest in the U.S.) with dance events almost every day! It also is available for rental for major events like wedding receptions or charity and company events.There are dance lessons and public ballroom dances most days of the week. Its most charming aspect is its views of the beach and sail boats from three sides! Admissions prices are very reasonable.

1  Thank Harold011

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Love the Geeko Festival! It brings families together and the vendors are always different every year. The bands are always new and entertaining. The Casino offered a variety of dances to learn how to do.

1  Thank Kathy L
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I do not recommend their Christmas Dance. Cost was high and the band was terrible, with 5 minutes between songsl they were disorganized! Also, the entertainment was messed up because the person in charge of music couldn't get it right. Otherwise, we REALLY do like the place for dancing. Lots of room. Good dance floor. You can bring food in but not drinks.

1  Thank kaye f
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Attended the art fair here last weekend and it was a great venue. On street parking and the set up inside was very good. A varied group of artists left us with something for everyone.

1  Thank JustLale
Reviewed October 22, 2012

What an awesome evening...I attended Swing Time's 12th Anniversary with two of my friends and we literally had a blast. The best thing was that everyone dances with each other so it didn't matter that I didn't have a partner. Dance instructions were given to all of us as a group before the official dancing started. The live band "Eight To The Bar" was phenomenal. I loved listening to the music and watching the other dancers. It was amazing to see how friendly everyone was. I was fortunate to meet and dance with a very sweet gentleman - an experienced swing dancer who gave me some "Swing 101." Thanks Katy for sharing your boyfriend – Will with me. You both are so sweet and made my evening. My moment of the evening was getting to dance the jitterbug as my last dance before going home. Other entertainment throughout the evening was the “Jack & Jill” dance contest given for the professional dancers and a special performance by acrobatic-dancer, Lindsey Norton who also competed on Americas Got Talent. I strongly suggest Wednesday evenings where you can learn how to "Swing" dance. It was an awesome evening of clean wholesome fun for both the young and old. http://www.swingtime.info/20120921.html

1  Thank DRMacKay