“Beautiful Bed & Breakfast and best of all dog friendly too!”

Sea Breeze Manor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Gulfport B&B and Inns
Chicago
“Beautiful Bed & Breakfast and best of all dog friendly too!”
Reviewed June 9, 2008

My husband and I wanted to find a place in St. Pete where we could bring our well behaved little dog for a few nights stay to just get away from it all. We checked most of the hotels on the beaches and sadly found out not one was dog-friendly or if they would make an exception it would cost us a lot more $ than we wanted to spend to have her with us. Lori, the innkeeper at the Sea Breeze was very accomodating and friendly and put us in one of her adorable cottages at the Sea Breeze Manor. It was delightful, quite roomy and very clean. I especially liked the tropical decorations, the hand painted sink, very eclectic and fun!
We had our own little patio where we could hang out and it was easy access to the beach anytime we wanted it. Gulfport has a lot of great little restaurants to discover with enough variety to suit all tastes. We loved Elements for dinner, Pias for Italian, Back Fin Blue for crab cakes and got an amazing mojito and tapas at the fancy bar in town where they have beautiful waterfall outside, can't remember the name of it though but check it out if you can. We just stumbled on it one night. Anyways Gulfport is such a cool place to find and enjoy...you can spend the weekend in flip flops and no one will ever say a word! I love a place like that! Try Gulfport and the Sea Breeze Manor and you won't be disapointed!

• Liked — Location, we loved Gulfport!
  • Disliked — We liked it all...no complaints!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 16, 2008

I'll break it down from good to bad:

Owner great; breakfast good; location okay; room dirty.

Lori is great as other posters have said - she is welcoming and has her own way which is great. The breakfast was good, they have a great offering and the breakfast area is not as intimate as you would like but good nonetheless. Gulfport does not have much going on, it's a great quiet town with a fantastic historic feel and you can tell what Florida was like before all the concrete and tourists but there is not much going on in the town and it is isolated from the rest of town so you are stuck with what is there which is not much. The beach across the street has more sandpiper and seagull feces than sand. The room looked good in photos but on not so close inspection they had probably not vacuumed the carpet in at least three months, the light switches were covered in splooge, the shower stall looked dirty, the bathroom floor had splatter marks on it, the chairs and upholstery looked dirty, and dusting was lacking in a number of key places.

We peeked into the Peninsula and despite one negative posting that a person gave which I believe was unwarranted, I would say that the Peninsula is the place to stay. If only they worked on the details this place would be nice, but it is just gross.

• Liked — Lori
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank Manny S
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed April 27, 2007

My sister and I took my parents to this B&B for an overnight stay in honor of their 50th anniversary. The hostess (Lori) was great, the rooms were tastefully decorated, the location was scenic, the breakfast was delicious, and the recommended local restaurant turned out to be as good as our hostess said it would be.
Gulfport is a small town - just "touristy" enough with a few shops - but it was quiet on the evening of our stay.

My only regret was that I was not staying longer. Lori has a large collection of videos to use with the large TV/VCR combo if there is time, wireless internet worked in the rooms (with my own laptop), but just sitting on the porch looking at the pleasant view was great.

She provides beverages, afternoon fruit snack, a fridge is available if needed.

It's well worth a visit and I'd definitely return.

• Liked — Food, decor
  • Disliked — Too short a stay : - )
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 24, 2007

The proprietor of Sea Breeze Manor has avoided the pitfalls that plague many B & B inns: she is friendly and welcoming without being overly intrusive; the inn is furnished with antiques, but is comfortable and not overdecorated; every room has some private sitting space; and there is a delicious breakfast that isn't an over-the-top dessert in disguise.

The inn faces the park and beach along Boca Ciega Bay in the laidback and interesting community of Gulfport. The location is convenient to the attractions of the St. Petersburg/Tampa area, but I suspect many guests just sit on the shady veranda and enjoy the view. Restaurants, shops and a fishing pier are a short walk away.

It generally is a quiet area, but we did experience some nighttime noise from vehicles and other guests entertaining on their outdoor patio. Nothing that couldn't be mitigated by closing our windows, though.

Overall, a very pleasant stay. We would stay there again.

• Liked — Location/view
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JJ53
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 20, 2006

My husband and I recently celebrated his birthday with a long weekend at Sea Breeze Manor. Coming from Kentucky, we were hoping for warm temperatures. I think we experienced some unusually cool temps, but we still had a great time! The Sea Breeze Manor and Gulport area are just right for a visit no matter what the weather. The shops and restaurants in Gulfport were fun and interesting. We like to walk and really enjoyed walking in the cute and colorful Gulfport neighborhoods. My favorite place to eat was the Habana restaurant (Cuban) but the Backfin was a real close second. Now, on to the breakfasts served up by Lori, the proprietor. Scrumptious! The best hot coffee will be waiting for you even if you are an early riser. We stayed in Jamaica and loved our balcony, great big bed and bathroom. There are just so very many amenities that you will experience at this B & B. I highly recommend it!

Stayed February 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 5, 2006

I took my husband to the Sea Breeze Manor for a surprise birthday weekend. We live in Tampa, so only about 30 minutes away, but the Sea Breeze provided a wonderful retreat where we could forget about our hectic lives just across the bay.

Before I review the Sea Breeze itself...the town of Gulfport is just adorable. You must eat at the Backfin Blue and Aqua Bella (newest establishment in town). We had a not-so-positive experience at the Peninsula for dinner, but this was likely a glitch in the kitchen (although not likely in the service); you can see a review on TripAdvisor for that. There is an art walk on the 1st Friday of every month. We were able to walk around a bit that night, despite some of the worst rain the state has seen in years, and chat with some locals. Lots of fun.

However, over the entire weekend we hardly left our room at the Sea Breeze. We were in the Bermuda suite which was spacious, comfortable, and "homey." The bed was very comfortable. (My husband doesn't like "regular" down pillows, but the European square downs were perfect for him.) It was just fantastic to get away from the world and relax. Not only were we comfortable in our room, we were comfortable in the entire house. Lori graciously let us store some wine & champagne in her kitchen refrigerator, and I felt completely comfortable just hopping in to grab a couple plates & glasses for wine & cheese at our leisure.

Lori is such a nice lady. She's fun & has a wonderful story - definitely take the time to get to know her (and hear her little nephew stories - the one about the motorcycle is too funny!). And, of course, breakfast - fantastic!!! Every morning was a different treat. Lori definitely makes an effort to keep it different, interesting, and tasty. Not to mention there was champagne waiting for us on Sunday morning - to celebrate my sweet hubby's big day! (If you're nice she'll even share a recipe or 2 with you! :-)

I would absolutely recommend the Sea Breeze for a short or extended trip. Lori is a terrific hostess. Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2006
6 Thank KnM
Reviewed December 27, 2005

Clean, Comfortable, Friendly!

When my husband and I first arrived in Gulfport we were not impressed. Our initial arrival to the Sea Breeze Manor also was not without a glitch. But thankfully we did not allow first impressions to hinder us.

The glitch: our cottage that we reserved was rented out to another couple but Lori quickly offered us another room inside the Manor for the same rate. At first I was not pleased, but after the initial disappointment I couldn't help but to take in the beauty of the grounds from our balcony. And having breakfast El-fresco was truly wonderful. Lori is a gourmet cook and she really does spoil you.

The room was VERY CLEAN and comfortable, with tropical decor.

Sitting on the front porch looking at the Gulf across the street while watching and listening to wild parrots and other tropical birds playing in the trees was enjoyable. The little geckos and lizards sneaking around looking for morsels of food did not bother us either. They stayed plenty of distance from us.

The Manor is the place to stay away from the noise and hustle and bustle of St. Petes and Clearwater. Yet a short drive away if you so desire to go and sit on crowded sandy beaches.

You must eat at the Backfin Cafe which is a short walk. On your way back I would like to tell you stop at this bar for a drink or so, but I cannot remember the name of it. It is just a block or so away from the Manor and is weathered wood with a front deck to sit on and listen to live music.

There is not much of a beach in Gulfport, but take a short drive to Fort Desoto State Park and North Beach where it is less crowded and much nicer. While there we seen Manatees swimming along the coast and dolphins pestering the local fishermen on a pier. That was great! The fishermen complain that the dolphin steal their catch and they were not too bothered by the over-excited tourist.

We have warm fond memories and look forward to returning to Sea Breeze Manor.

• Stayed June 2005
8 Thank trip_taker02
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulfport
The Don CeSar
#13 of 32 in St. Pete Beach
Watergarden Inn at the Bay
Watergarden Inn at the Bay
#1 of 5 in St. Petersburg

Been to Sea Breeze Manor Inn? Share your experiences!