“Best meal of our trip”

Ranked #11 of 41 Restaurants in Gulfport
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Creative Carribbean Cuisine In A Tropical, Casual Setting. Indoor, Outdoor And Patio Seating Available.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My family and I were recently in St. Pete's beach for a vacation, and one of the must do items on the list was to have a Cuban Sandwich for lunch. Tangelo's was recommended by our Inn keeper so we made our way there.

We were not disappointed. My wife and I each ordered a different sandwich and shared them. Both the Traditional "Tangelo's" and the "Mojo Chicken" version were fantastic. I'd have to say it was the best meal of our trip. The prices were also very reasonable.

While you are there check out the gulf port area, as there are many nice shops to look through.

1  Thank James H
There are newer reviews for Tangelo's Grille

Reviewed July 7, 2014

When we arrived to the restaurant, we were told that it would be a few minutes while they cleared a table. The table was cleared, and we sat down and were greeted by the waitress. I noticed on the menu that they charge extra for everything- including french fries if you substitute them instead of having tortilla chips with your sandwich... okay, fine, I understand that food costs are high. However, if you're going to charge extra for things, then I expect the service to be excellent... which it was not. Not once did the waitress come by to refill our drinks; she was too busy chatting at the counter with other workers. We weren't asked how the food was (it was mediocre and the portions were extremely small for the price), and the only time she came by the table was to drop off the bill. Not a "have a nice day" or "come back and see us again." The service here is absolutely terrible. I have a feeling that many of the positive reviews on here are from family members of the owner or from the owners/workers themselves.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

A unique taste and perfect change to the typical Cuban sandwich. Fabulous wait staff and always a warm greetings from the owners.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is the place you should have a Cuban sandwich -- head and shoulders above the nearby Habana Cafe. Had all the requisite ingredients -- sliced pork, ham, swiss cheese, pickle, mustard and great bread -- a real treat. The pork sandwich also was delicious as was the cheeseburger. Friendly service and pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Strong menu of starters, burgers, sandwiches and salads. Excellent Cuban roast pork. Delightful interior, or sit on the sidewalk and watch life go by. Surprisingly eclectic cuisines that they manage to pull off.....Thai curry bowls are excellent; nice black bean chili with slice of jalepeno cornbread. Very reasonable prices, but the house wines are a bit high given the local Gulfport average glass price. Breakfasts are huge!