“Great food, nice house wine, attentive service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tangelo's Grille

Tangelo's Grille
Ranked #11 of 40 Restaurants in Gulfport
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: CREATIVE CARRIBBEAN CUISINE IN A TROPICAL, CASUAL SETTING. INDOOR, OUTDOOR AND PATIO SEATING AVAILABLE.
Florida
“Great food, nice house wine, attentive service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I hadn't been to Tangelo's in Gulfport in a while so decided to go there for lunch today. The service was great (not too many people there but still the waitress was friendly and helpful) and the house cab was really good for the price. For appetizer, we had chips and salsa - both pretty good and also the yucca fries which were absolutely fabulous - perfectly breaded and cooked and a really good dipping sauce. I could have eaten just the fries for lunch! For lunch, I had the rice curry bowl with chicken which was delicious. My only reason for not giving Tangelo's 5 stars was because the rice bowl was more onions and peppers than chicken and rice, but I took home all the vegies I did not eat and will make a second meal out of them. All in all, it was a great experience and I recommend Tangelo's with a big thumbs up!

• Visited January 2014

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Normally I find small family run restaurants a huge step up over the usual "chain types". Now I wish I had read some other diner's reviews before wasting my time at Tangelo's. We arrived at 6:30pm Sat. night and there were 2 of 4 tables unoccupied (that should have been a sign) The food was mediocre but not great, portions were overall small. The beans and rice was a bland little condiment sized cup to which my son remarked looked just like what you get at a certain fast food mexican restaurant. In our party of five, the server put in one dinner wrong and then quizzed ME stating, "I thought that's what you meant"...I told her, "Well that's not what I said and you certainly didn't ask me for clarification". Once informed again she had brought out the wrong food, she still stood hovering at tableside saying nothing, making no apologies, waiting I suppose for me to offer, "That's OK, I'll try this anyway". She finally almost reluctantly agreed to bring out what I actually ordered and never once apologized for making me wait for my actual order to come up, after my friends were well into their meals. There were only 3 tables total to wait on, yet in over 1 hour the server never once came back to our table to check on us and never refilled a single empty glass of which we would gladly have ordered a second beer and sangria. She did spend considerable time talking to her 3 friends at the bar and bussing another table from diners who by then had long since left. What's more, when we got up to leave not one person from the restaurant even met us half way to say "Thank you" or "Come see us again", Nothing! they just let us walk right out the door...for the last time.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 1GeofG1
Asheville, North Carolina
“I've tried to like this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I've tried four times. Twice I never ate because I was ignored for so long that I eventually left. Not greeted, not given a menu, nothing. Just ignored. I've been a server my whole life and I understand that service can be compromised when busy, but neither time was it so busy that someone couldn't at least say "Hello, be with you soon." Twice this happened! Twice I sat for over ten minutes without an acknowledgment. Of the two times I did eat I can only say this about the food I had, great concept but they serve old fish. Both times I had the grouper cuban, and both times the fish was really bad, and we all know what that tastes life. I'm envious of everyone who has a great experience here because it's outdoors and in the neighborhood and I want to feel that same way, but I've given it plenty of opportunity and it fails each time. Bummer.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank piratetikibar
Madeira Beach, Florida
“old fish”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I jusst moved to the area and have been trying out all the resturants...not sure why everyone is raving bout this one...ordered grouper on a salad...grouper was fried in old oil... had a bad taste and was rubbery,,,couldn't cut it..... the waitress never came back to my table to ask bout my meal, but she did clear away a full plate of grouper... and the onions were slimy... old food again... maybe I will try this place again, maybe I won't...

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank catherinemlb
Gulfport, Florida
“Wonderful food from caring people.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I eat at Tangelo's every chance I get. Not only the best island food around, but one of the best burgers in town. The wait staff will do anything to please.
Keep up the good work.