“Bay dining with a view”

O'Maddy's Bar & Grille
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Gulfport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Creating a unique and fun environment where you can come as you are. Providing excellent quality food, creative daily specials, generous portions at a reasonable price with superior service and a view to relax and unwind.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Went for a drive through Gulfport tonight. Came across O'Maddy's on the bay. One hopping place. We had to drive around a couple of times to find a spot close, but if you like a short walk parking down the street is ok. Our Hostess was friendly and carried on a conversation with us as we waited for a table, not a long wait only 10 minutes. We are seated and our waitress Michele was there getting our drink orders and returning in no time. I ordered the James ' Habanero and Blackberry Port, omg the pork was tender, the sauce...sweet not to hot, covered the pork just enough and was excellent. I also on the advice of our waitress to try the smoked Gouda mashed potatoes, together with the pork made this the best dish ever. My friend had the Chicken Parm, let me tell you the chicken that gave up that breast, omg it almost covered the plate and came with zita, this dish was so big and filling that some came home in a box for later. We did start with a house and caesar salad, fresh vegtables and iceberg you could was fresh and crisp. Cudos to Michele, her customer service was outstanding, she was courteous, friendly and service was excellent. Would definitely return for another meal, saw the Lobster BLT and it looked sooooooooooooooo good. Enjoy the view and the food.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very busy Sunday evening. Took a while to be served but more importantly the food was just very average. The fries were inedible and had clearly been cooked some time ago and then warmed through. Even the waitress agreed they looked disgusting! She did replace them immediately with a fresh plate.
Quite a lot of litter on the floor around our table, the staff too busy to clear up I guess.
Altogether an unsatisfactory experience. I shan't be returning in a hurry.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Thanks to Trip Advisor, visions of Lobster BLT's danced in my head all week prior to my trip. I was a woman on a mission and luckily my friends had raved about O'Maddy's and it was the first stop for dinner on Saturday night. Once presented with the menu I was absolutely stumped! Everything sounded great and there was a bacon wrapped swordfish that jumped off the menu. I fell for the swordfish and it was outstanding, served with a tomato jam. Everyone was happy with their choices and we went home satisfied. The next day was a "feet don't fail me now" kind of day and at dinnertime no one wanted to venture out to a restaurant so....we ran to O'Maddy's and placed an order to go. That Lobster BLT was stuffed with huge hunks of lobster and to make it even more decadent, I upped the ante and ordered the truffle oil Parmesan fries. It was amazing and sealed the deal that I will be back! Don't miss this place!

1  Thank JustLale
Reviewed February 13, 2013

7 of us went for lunch. We would liked to have eaten outside but they didn't have room for us; so we ended up inside. Service and food were very good. Servings were large and very tasty. Most of us didn't finish our lunches. I had the crab sandwich and it was far superior to the one I had in Key West earlier in the week. If in the area, I would definitely return.

1  Thank LastMango
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I cannot speak for the food, although it all looked great. We dropped by on our first visit to Gulfport and it was just a fun, friendly place. The bartender, Mark, greeted us promptly and was very attentive (even with a bar full of customers). Staff and customers were a friendly bunch and we felt right at home. Live music on Saturday night was great too! When we visit again, we'll be back!