“Wonderful time”
Review of Industrial Arts Center - CLOSED

Industrial Arts Center
More attraction details
Owner description: The Industrial Arts Center of Gulfport offers glass blowing and other hot glass demonstrations during Gulfport's Art Walks every first Friday and third Saturday from 6-10 p.m. Visitors have one-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make a variety of affordable items with a skilled instructor. No appointment is necessary.We also offer a variety of classes in glass blowing, sculptural welding, forging, glass fusing and other 3-dimensional arts.
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I visited the Industrial Arts Center last week and had the pleasure of watching students and apprentices learn to blow glass under the guidance of the studio. What a nice bunch of people! The process is so intriguing I took a mini class and created a wonderful blown glass bowl. I came back later that day to make an ornament! One of the most unique experiences I've had on a vacation anywhere and I got to come home with more than great memories!

The studio members explain everything very well, and make the glass blowing process fun and relaxed. There are a number of steps to creating each of the items, so the modest fee is well worth it.

The studio is open several days a week for walk-ins. Gulfport is a bit of an arts colony, with frequent fairs and galleries and shops to explore. If you are not staying in Gulfport, I suggest you combine glass blowing with dinner at one of the many fine restaurants within walking distance.

3  Thank CakesnAle

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Me and my husband were visiting from Michigan and a story was on the news about the Industrial Arts Center. We love watching glass blowing and had the chance to do it ourselves one evening. It was so fun and the staff was great! We hope to return and make another beautiful piece one day. The prices are so reasonable and the experience is unforgettable.

1  Thank Notanlines98
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Go here. Nice people and a great experience. The staff is very educated and informative. Lots of choices of glassblowing pieces. One on one attention with the classes and workshops.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I went to the Blow your own glass event at the Industrial Arts Center and had a blast. The glassblower that taught me was talented and amusing, the rest of the staff was very informative and I ended up with an ornament that I'm proud of saying that I made.

2  Thank artistinthehouse