“Pricey and If You Want Water, You Have To Pay For It”
Review of Pia's Trattoria

Pia's Trattoria
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Gulfport
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2009

My wife and I tried Pia's about two years ago and I don't know if they have improved. When we ask for a glass of water, we were told that they only sell bottled water. The food was average and we found them very pricey for the type of food served.

Reviewed May 2, 2009

I entered this restaurant with my 4 lunch companions to be greeted by our hostess with "We're very busy, but if you'll just seat yourself, I'll be with you as soon as I can." We walked outside to a covered courtyard with two occupied tables, and selected a picnic table with backless benches that was out of the way of the ceiling fans. If two dining parties constitutes busy, I'd hate to be there when they're full.

Lunch features panini. We each had a different sandwich, and each was excellent. Calamari was ordered, a very generous portion served whole, not fried as is the norm, and was very tasty. The chicken soup was a big mistake. I was served a mountain of soggy, overcooked vegetables, and actually had to send it back to have some broth added. This took about 20 minutes, and the soup was finally returned after my entree.

Service was so poor that lunch took 3 hours to complete. We finally asked for a pitcher of iced tea for the table, as the waitress could not be bothered refilling our glasses.

Reviewed April 22, 2009

We dined here for my mom's birthday, her being Italian, I thought I'd score big points with this place and have heard good reviews. We went during the week and it was not a busy night, but our food took F-o-r-e-v-e-r, we're talking about 30-40 minutes and I had my young children with me who were getting very hungry. I kept telling myself, patients, the food here is suppose to be amazing, so I'll wait. Turns out Pia is the only cook there and our waiter was a complete moron. We ordered the Lasanga and Lamb with gnocchi, they were mediocre and for what we paid I was shocked. I do not mind splurging as long as the food is outstanding. Another annoying thing too is paying for bottled water, give me a break. This is not a place I will be recommending.

1  Thank mtap80
Reviewed March 22, 2009

Breakfast was a real feast. The biscuits were awesome. The gravy might have had a bit more seasoning, but the sausage was real! The eggs were perfectly done. The coffee cup was kept full and hot. We were there about 8:00, and had the place to ourselves. This is the real Gulfport!

Reviewed March 18, 2009

We had an outstanding meal at this restaurant. The service was excellent and the food was very good. I would highly recommend this restaurant. My only complaint is the fact that they do not offer tap water with the meal. You should not have to pay for the water.
We eat at many nice restaurants and never have a problem with water. This issue should be addressed immediately.